Hydroslide replacement kneepad

69rrvert

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does anyone know where I could find one or the best way to build a kneepad for the Hydroslide Magna. I bought this board new back in '85. It was pretty much a flat piece of foam about 1/2" thick. I pulled it out of its slumber in the attic for the kids to ride and the kneepad is hard. My wife rode it yesterday, and the skin on her knees are still hurting tonight. More than likely, finding a pad will be impossible. Has anyone ever bought material to build one themselves and what did you use? I was thinking about the 3/4" rubberized insulation used in the HVAC trade. Thanks, Steven

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Hydroslide replacement kneepad

Contact nash sports at hydroslide.net. They have always been able to hook me up with whatever replacement parts I needed.

rrkyle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I second that. Although the I pretty much exclusively ride a lowrider i also own a body glove crk and nash has great customer service.

When the CRK broke i had a new one in the mail in two days!

Your best bet on a board that old would probably be buying a piece of foam and cutting it.

Check ebay man theres alot of pretty decent boards for cheap. Like obrien richochet. HO element, and even the old HO 540s

69rrvert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the information. I contacted Nash and emailed them some pics of it. I am waiting on a response from them. Thanks, Steven

a70eliminator

Captain

I know what your talking about, it's called armaflex and it comes in thickness anywhere from 3/8" to 2" it's great stuff and waterproof of course.
You could look at home depot for nice set of kneepads, you know the ones that strap on for doing work like laying tile, or like the ones a beginner rollerblade person would wear, then just glue and screw them to the board using 5200, just an idea.

69rrvert

Petty Officer 1st Class

The reply from Nash was that they do not make replacement pads for my vintage :) board. They said to use a current production pad, cut it to fit, and then use liquid nails to glue it down. I went and bought a new board (Hydroslide Razorback). Thanks, Steven

a70eliminator

Captain

so I'm curious, do you already have a wakeboard? I also have a vintage kneeboard from the 80's and was thinking about buying a new one but can't decide if I should maybe just buy a wakeboard instead.

SeanT

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hang it above the fireplace and catch a sale - things will start clearing soon. :D

69rrvert

Petty Officer 1st Class

I do not have a wakeboard yet. I purchased two new Hydroslides for the kids to ride. I will wait until I have the Sea Ray up and running before we try that. Right now, we are using my fishing boat to ski with. It's a 16' center console Alweld tunnel boat with a 115 Evinrude and hydralic jack plate. It does OK but has a hard time pulling the tube. It pulls it fine but due to the tunnel it does not turn very well. This boat is made to run in 4" of water here in the Texas caostal flats and does a pretty darn good job of that. Thanks, Steven