Hydrofoil?

I have a 1985 16' Bayliner Capri (stop laughing) with a Force 85hp motor on it. My top speed now is about 35. Getting to plane, as you can imagine, with the boat loaded (both kids always bring a friend and me and the wife) takes a while. Kids have learned to get up on ski's, even with this combo.<br /><br />What Hydrofoil should I get for my motor? Should I even mess around with one? I know it has to help - I really have trouble getting people who weigh over 185 out of the water on skiis or wake board.

horndog

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Hydrofoil?

wow, having problems getting people out of the water? that's wild, maybe time for a tune up? You should be able to yank people out of the water pretty hard with that combo. My uncle's bass boat with a 1976 85hp evinrude yanks people out of the water pretty hard

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My 16' with an old 85hp Johnson Javelin yanks everybody out without trouble. A fin would help, I'm sold on them.<br />Could you be overpropped? I wonder from the top speed if it's possible you need a higher pitch prop? Check with your local mariner expert.<br />Ross

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy, Okieboater.<br /><br />I like the SE Sport 300 hydrofoil. I use it on my Montauk. Works very well.<br /><br />Good luck. :)