Humpty's Sprint Unlimited And Daytona 500 Race Intro/Comments & Other Nascar Prattle

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The first plate race in a long time with no Big One, just a few little ones. That's more good than bad. I thought for sure that Kenseth's wiggle was the start of a huge pile up.

The way I understand the restart line is that it's at different places depending on the track. It's on the back stretch at Daytona and if the leader crosses the restart line any caution is the end of the race. They keep at it until they either complete the G-W-C or a yellow comes out after the restart line is crossed. I think it also comes into play on the White flag lap, too.

Leave it to Nascar to make finishing a race hard to understand because they don't want a race to finish under yellow like the old days. They have a line, unlike the restart zone which is a cone on the edge of the track. Only one track painted a line for the start of the restart zone last year.

boatman37

Lieutenant
well my picks sucked...lets see 1) jr crashed 2) kenseth fell back, 3) vickers fell back. if the race had been 40 laps shorter i would have done great:facepalm:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Sounds like I'm on the right track(hahaha). On a G/W/C, they throw the green flag. The leader makes it past the OT line, which on most tracks will be on the back stretch, supposedly. If a yellow comes out the race is over. If a yellow comes out b/4 the leader crosses the OT line, they have another G/W/C. If there is no yellow and they make it back to the flag stand for the W flag, the next flag ends the race(which has been in place for a while). I'm not sure how that helps end the race under green. Now the race could end with 1.5 laps still to go(approx)..... Am I'm missing something?

Last edited:

GA_Boater

I think you got it. Until the rules are reworked! Again.

Now there is no limit to the times the G-W-C is tried.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thing is, wrecking before the OT line will be small, at least plate races. Plate races they're not even up to speed yet. Now they will be racing to the OT line instead of the Finish line.... They wreck in turn 3/4, it's over on the first lap. There could be potentially less green flag finishes.... Whatevs

GA_Boater

I think you want Nascar's logic explained. Impossible, even Einstein couldn't. LOL

I don't know what was so bad with the old way. The overtime line was the the white flag/finish line, so if they finished the 1st lap before a yellow, it was over. All they had to do was say no limits on the number of tries.

bassman284

Commander
I was losing interest n NASCAR before they came up with the GWC and that pretty well finished it for me. I don't really care that much what kind of new gimmicks they come up with these days.

GA_Boater

Nascar rules or no rules, iboats Fantasy Live marches on!

While Denny Hamlin won the Daytona 500 in a photo-finish, that wasn't the case in the iFL. Urea 24 won in convincing fashion over 2nd place 64osby.

Urea has a :first: and is on top of the league leaderboard. I hope you know your name conjures images of a little kid with a wicked grin wearing a Bowtie T shirt. :lol: Congrats Urea 24.

Next race is from AMS, just down the road from me. Atlanta Motor Speedway has a "Perfect Race Weather Guarantee"! After a cold, blustery day last year, it better work.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Next race is from AMS, just down the road from me. Atlanta Motor Speedway has a "Perfect Race Weather Guarantee"! After a cold, blustery day last year, it better work.

You going? Might as well. You can by tickets at the track on Sunday... :) You can gives us live updates!

GA_Boater

I'm not getting involved in that zoo. The whole area is gridlock during race weekend.

64osby

Admiral
Humpty turning down the opportunity to do live updates. As sad day in broadcasting.

GA_Boater

All I have is a cheap flip phone to call 911 and so the Admiral can call me to pick up something at the store. Perfect weather guarantee or not, I'm staying home, even when it means Mikey and Darrell will hurting my ears!