humminbird 128 wide fish finder

Gamblerman

Petty Officer 3rd Class
ok guys I have this fish finder and it has a bad transducer.
The problem is the transducer is XHS-6-24 beam and I would like a smaller beam is there a different transducer I can use with this unit .I know this is a long shot:D

Thanks

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: humminbird 128 wide fish finder

High-speed transom mount transducer, 200 kHz, 20 ft cable, modular connector, 24 degree cone angle, high speed hardware.

HB usually rates the cone angle at -10db which overstates the cone angle. Real cone angle is probably 16-18 degrees.

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer

FWIW, the 128 is a pretty old (and basic) unit. Unless you can find a used xducer (or complete fishfinder) on Ebay the cost of a new one will likely be more than your unit is worth. It would also be a shame to invest that kind of $ and have the 128 die on you in short time. ( They were built good but not to last forever.)
IMHO, You might consider buying a new/complete fishfinder for not allot more $.

(Stick with humminbird and you might even be able to utilize your existing base to mount it.)

John_S

Rear Admiral

I agree with Wee, it is not worth sinking allot of money in. If you are sure its the transducer, and not the output driver in the head unit, you might get lucky to get one on ebay. When I did the search on the transducer, I think a new price came up of $37.

The base can be reused if you get a new HB 500 or 700 series. Also, many of the older equivelent matrix units. You will need a connector kit ($7) from HB to convert it.