hull extension in progress with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: hull extension in progress with picks

a bonspeil this weekend. I might be able to get away for a couple if you're on the north side of town. I'd love to see the beast up close.

- bob

bob.....what is your time line like?......the boat is not far from the end of a back road that comes from the lakes area.........if you are at a bonspiel, your evenings are shot.......

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

I was up there on Monday and Tuesday, I needed to be back before the big floods, so when the weather started to change and the snow was building up, I skipped town. I left about 4:00 PM Tuesday and it was a short 27 hour (normally 5 hour) trip home, complicated by heavy snow, hard rain, high winds, avalanches, mud slides, closed roads with long detours, bad food and boredom.

I got home to a flooding river and a front yard about half the size it had been, the river hasn?t gone down very far yet so I don?t know the extent of the damage, but I should by late tomorrow.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I was up there on Monday and Tuesday, I needed to be back before the big floods, so when the weather started to change and the snow was building up, I skipped town. I left about 4:00 PM Tuesday and it was a short 27 hour (normally 5 hour) trip home, complicated by heavy snow, hard rain, high winds, avalanches, mud slides, closed roads with long detours, bad food and boredom.

I got home to a flooding river and a front yard about half the size it had been, the river hasn?t gone down very far yet so I don?t know the extent of the damage, but I should by late tomorrow.

good thing you left wash when you did......and better you made the trip in one streach........that big snow fall we had was supposed to be there the night we talked......if you had stayed in merritt or hope.....you wouldnt have made it.

it started to rain yesterday and is still off and on so the place is a slush hole.

27 hrs !!!!!! that means merritt and hope.....or princton and hope...thats like getting stuck in entwhistle alberta......(you can guess by the name) !

are you sand bagging the river? or would it help?.......you can allways park the tinny in the front yard and spike it to the lawn and fire up the jet drive.....shoot the water back out to the river :eek:

Robj

Lieutenant

Hello Oops!!

That is a real bummer about your store. Not the kind of news you want to hear first thing in the day. But like has been said before, when one door closes, a couple others open up. Keep positive.

Have a great day,

Rob.

colobiker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

oops..

sorry to hear about your store.. :(

I wont go on with my feelings about government intervention... :mad::mad:

I am thinking the time is right for you to open OOP's boat stretching service.
you can say..

"love that 17 footer, but need a bigger boat? let OOPs turn that 17 footer into a 30 footer that you'll really love... a free big cubic inch turboed v8 trubine with inboard jet stern drive withh every purchase.":D

I am sure people would come from all over the world.

Yar.

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That really sucks about the store:(
Hopefully it is as Rob says and this is just a bump along the way to grander things!

I hope that something turns up for a workspace soon...I can't imagine you idle for very long without blowing a gasket of some sort:eek:

I have put the word out to everyone that I know in K-Town to let me know if they hear of a shop that is available.

Cheers,
Yar.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

I'll see what I can do. Tacklewasher, you have a PM with my contact info.

hey wombat......you do too......it would be a shame to come up here and miss meeting the i boaters.
if you can get to a puter in your hotel.....i hope you see these

That really sucks about the store:(
Hopefully it is as Rob says and this is just a bump along the way to grander things!

I hope that something turns up for a workspace soon...I can't imagine you idle for very long without blowing a gasket of some sort:eek:

I have put the word out to everyone that I know in K-Town to let me know if they hear of a shop that is available.

Cheers,
Yar.

thanks buddy......im gonna relax for a little while and get ready for the next round with the government......(this whole darn thing started over a year and a half ago !).....but i want to get to work on the boat as much as i can.....you guys might think im nutz but working on the boat, holding a grinder or a sander is really relaxing to me.....no worries....just sand....
all the time im away from it it drives me crazy !:D

colobiker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

you guys might think im nutz but working on the boat, holding a grinder or a sander is really relaxing to me.....no worries....just sand....
all the time im away from it it drives me crazy !:D

nope dont thinkg your nutts at all.. I can think of no better way to relax than to get off work, go home and pick up a tool and start tinkering, building, or messing with something...

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

WOW :eek: PAGE 6
Had to bump back to front
oops, hope everything is going better with government problems:rolleyes:
had any luck with a work place to the boat??????

been having SERIOUS WITHDRAW SYMPTOMS:D:D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

heh heh heh......who dug up this old thread???:)

hey bud......the government stuff is as bad as it gets.....a few more months till its all straightend around......but its allready too late :mad:

the boat is sitting in my sisters front drive way all tucked away for a bit....but there are a few irons in the fire to get back to work on it.....

man i really miss my time working on it.....like really bad. but soon.......my bud is looking at a shop and he wants me to do the glass work and hull stuff.....if that happens .....ill have another shop !....

cheers
oops

Zebeanna

Cadet

Thank you all for the great tips and information. I have been working on our flats boat. It has a curved transom and needed to be replaced. I took the transom to the outer skin and replaced it with 1/8 wood and 1708 layering these alternately. I have enlisted my husband to help me with the stringer using your script method. Next will be the floor then the some hull repair and new paint. This thread albeit long has been a great resource of information and inspiration to me. I would not have even attempted this had it not been for this great forum. Thanks to iboats and all the contributors.

Glenda:p

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Ooops just ask Canada for a bailout for your financial problems.

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer

One of oops! friends is a MP [member of parliament] and he's working to help him out of this. The Government effectively forced him out of business and this guy's going after them on oops! behalf. Heads are gonna roll!!!

Darren Nemeth

Chief Petty Officer

One of oops! friends is a MP [member of parliament] and he's working to help him out of this. The Government effectively forced him out of business and this guy's going after them on oops! behalf. Heads are gonna roll!!!

Ok. I'm lost here. What did the goverment do, if you don't mind my asking?

The gov has hurt me too. They pressured banks to give out house loans to those who couldn't make the payments and my income is 40% of what it was in 2007! I can still finish the Batboat, luckily, but it still stinks.

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It's not my place to give details,but suffice it to say they been jerking him around for a couple years and finally nailed the coffin shut last fall. oops! hung on as long as he could.When his friend read his file he couldn't believe the treatment they were giving him and is now going to some of the meetings oops! has with the Government. Kinda shakes things up when a member of the Federal Parliament walks through the door of these local Jokers office and demands to know what's going on. :D

Darren Nemeth

Chief Petty Officer

Ok. I understand. He must be in a smaller town. Local govenmetns there are run like little kingdoms. Over here I requested to see an ordinance and look at the property records of the house I live in and was refused!

danm2a2

Cadet

Everyone should be keeping an eye on their local governments. If just to ensure their is no kingdom building going on. That was an issue where I live for years until some friends of mine finally took a stand and called the elected officials out on some messed up stuff that was being done. I have the utmost respect for Oops! and his friends for making the government be transparent in their actions. Keep fighting the good fight and get back to work on the boat. Your project is making mine look so easy! Good luck and keep at them!

Robj

Lieutenant

Glad to hear he is getting some help Noklu. Say hi to him for me next time you talk to him. The truth is that I do not believe he is dealing with a mickey mouse local government, it is at a higher level. The town or city he lives in is the second or third largest in B.C., so it is fairly big. Hope he gets it resolved and gets back onto his boat and selling mattresses. We all miss his posts.

Have a great day,

Rob.

redfury

Commander

We'll just have to keep this thread alive so that when he comes back a hard chargin' on the boat, he'll have plenty to chuckle at ( our antics ).

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi guys........stay tuned !

Status
Not open for further replies.