How to replace temp switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have 1997 40hp with s/n 0G565379. I want to replace temp switch 87-16775A3 was mounted on block. How do I remove it. Thank you for any ideas

Bill kubiak

Chief Petty Officer
I just had mine out, I used a 1/4 inch deep thin wall socket, I slid the wire up thru the socket and since the wire was in the socket hole I used a pair of Vise Grips on the socket to turn the sender out. What makes you think the sender is bad? Does it beep all the time? or does it not beep when you turn the key on to start the motor, either of this conditions indicate a bad sender or bad connection.

I have the same motor as you except mine is a 98 model

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a constant beep with key at off position, ohm it out ,it has low resistance or grounded. I have a question for you, when I run this motor water feel kind of warn that comes out from tell tale. Is it normal for this model? Thank you

Bill kubiak

Chief Petty Officer
It will be pretty close to hot water coming out, water enters around the cylinders from the bottom and sides and passes over all the cylinder domes before it either comes out the pee hole or goes down and around the exhaust tube, so it will be quite warm

nikosstorm

Cadet
Do you know what is the temperature that this temp switch 87-16775A3 close ?
I want to check mine if it still working .

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Do you know what is the temperature that this temp switch 87-16775A3 close ?
I want to check mine if it still working .

nikosstorm

Please start your own thread. This one belongs csisommout and has been inactive for more than a year.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.