How to remove broken off trim/tilt plastic release valve 35 HP Mercury 1987

Over tightened trim/tilt plastic release valve and broke it off. How to remove portion still screwed in to motor??

Charlie61

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: How to remove broken off trim/tilt plastic release valve 35 HP Mercury 1987

going to need picture of it , have not seen a plastic release vale . not normaly on a hi pressor unit.

going to need picture of it , have not seen a plastic release vale . not normaly on a hi pressor unit.

It might be fiberglass?? I ordered replacement from: Basic Power Industries
If you can go to :ebasicpower.com and type in search:Manual Release Valve, Mercury Mariner. It will show you a picture of replacement part.

The_Kid

Chief Petty Officer

When just the tip of the manual release broke off on mine I was able to fish it out with a straightened out fishing hook. I think they are plastic so you may be able to heat the tip of a small flat blade screwdriver and poke it into the plastic. Let it cool then unscrew it.

Charlie61

Petty Officer 1st Class

"The Kid plan is a good ideal and likly work. then you break it off ,there could not be any pressor holding it in only the o-rings. I would normal drill a small hold in it and use a small easyout, you can buy easyout at auto part or homedepot. I did look it up and I have seem them before.
good luck

OK! Thanks for the suggestions. My buddy and I thought about trying both those same ideas. We'll get after it and see how things "come out"! No pun intended!!