how to manually tilt up sterndrive of a boat n the water ?

SeaLord

Seaman Apprentice
Hi
My sterndrive SX-M (5.7 gla) does not tilt up anymore and my boat is at mooring in the bay. I would like to sit it on my trailer and to pull it on the dry but the sterndrive would hit the ground if I cannot tilt it up. Is there anyway I may tilt manually the sterndrive up while in the water?

Thank you

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: how to manually tilt up sterndrive of a boat n the water ?

Hi
My sterndrive SX-M (5.7 gla) does not tilt up anymore and my boat is at mooring in the bay. I would like to sit it on my trailer and to pull it on the dry but the sterndrive would hit the ground if I cannot tilt it up. Is there anyway I may tilt manually the sterndrive up while in the water?

Thank you

Ayuh,.... Does the trim pump Run, but the rams don't extend,..??

You'll have to pull the aft pins outa the rams, 'n rope lash it up to do it Manually,...

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Post #4 in this thread is instructions to bypass the trim pump relay and power the pump directly from the battery. Relays are a common culprit in trim problems. If the pump still doesn't run, you have a faulty pump and will have to follow Bondo's instructions.

SeaLord

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you. I will keep it in my knowledge treasure. Fortunatelly I found the cable that missconnected the pump