How to install bilge blower hose to vent?

LadyAnya

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I went to install the bilge blower hose on the vent the other day and couldn't figure out to keep it positioned in the vent hole without falling. Is there a tape or other method of keeping it in place in the vent?

1980Galaxy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: How to install bilge blower hose to vent?

a clamp? i think that's how mine is attached...

PigPen4x4

Seaman Apprentice

I used zip ties.
Punch a small hole in the material so you can put the tie around the wire inside.
PP

LadyAnya

Petty Officer 2nd Class

seems like there should be more to it

ziggy

Admiral

last two boats i've had. the bilge vent hose has been held in place with a hose clamp...

dpoff

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You may have to remove the vent, route hose up through the hole, make your hose to vent connection with a hose clamp, then put the vent back in place. That`s what I had to do to replace mine.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

You might be missing a piece. There is a vent hose-to-vent connecter that's looks like this:
vent.jpg

Various types and styles exist. Mine is open in the center without the louvers. This sits behind the exterior vent plate. They are about $10 at a marine store.

mlrman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You might be missing a piece. There is a vent hose-to-vent connecter that's looks like this:
View attachment 87912

Various types and styles exist. Mine is open in the center without the louvers. This sits behind the exterior vent plate. They are about $10 at a marine store.

I believe this is the case, but even if that connector is missing, the wire that gives the hose it's shape should "thread" into the hole in the vent collector box and keep it in place. This is what I did for my bilge pumpe hose with a collector box that is also missing that connector.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

I believe this is the case, but even if that connector is missing, the wire that gives the hose it's shape should "thread" into the hole in the vent collector box and keep it in place. This is what I did for my bilge pumpe hose with a collector box that is also missing that connector.

And for another bit of useless trivia...that's called a helix.