How to install a new Power pack 1971

Dipphoto

Cadet
Has any one installed a new Power pack on a 1971 60 HP? This is what is the newest part
113-7123 - Amplifier, Battery Power Pack 389549, 397123
But I still can?t get it to work. Was hoping to find a video or photos of the hook up to make sure I did it correct.

175se

Petty Officer 1st Class
Check red wire going to pack, must be at least 9,1/2 v, if not problem is with harness,key switch,starter or battery.Forgot this is while cranking.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Any other work done ?----Checked points / rotor / distributor cap / anti reversing spring ?

Dipphoto

Cadet
Nothing else. It is possible it hooked a wire up wrong. Not much of a mechanic.... was trying to find a YouTube or photos from others to see if I did it right.

175se

Petty Officer 1st Class
I had this issue earlier this season, a old timer told me about it, it involves a diode between solenoid and power wire to pack. Im probaly makin an assumption, but hoping Joe Reeves, or Old Boat are aquainted with this. The old fella that told me said there was a bulliten on it long ago.

175se

Petty Officer 1st Class
Oh, what happened to me was no spark but when I turn the key off a good sharp snap from the cylinder in the sequence.

Dipphoto

Cadet
Hmmm. I?m very new to boats like 1 month old lol. I got the boat from my brother and said it ran just needed 1 part replaced to make it run better. I say the Power pack (its label) and bare wires off it. I got the cdi vs. oem version. But points and all that lol yeah. I had a friend come over who knows more about car engines and was able to help out a lot.... I have done other repairs to it but nothing on the motor. I really appreciate all the help and advice!!