Votes: 10 20.4%
  • I am always working at work.

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

npd4432

Chief Petty Officer
Re: How much time do you spend not working?

medically retired at age 36, so 100% of the time for me

Sign me up for that!!!

Thats what I always tell my boss, he agrees but does not want to see anybody get hurt.

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral

I read this somewhere but it fits me.
My wife asked me what I was going to do today and I replied nothing.
She says but you did that yesterday.
I replied, I'm not done yet.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

When at work around 95% of the time. When not at work I can not sit still. Currently working on my basement "Pub" project.

Wildcatin

Cadet

Im off 206 days a year......give or take a couple!!!!!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I would say, but now that I know some of my boss's lurk here, I'd rather not say :D

rentalguy1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sign me up for that!!!

Thats what I always tell my boss, he agrees but does not want to see anybody get hurt.

I'll trade you my paralyzed foot and partially paralyzed leg ;)

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer

I estimate price of materials and man hours to complete a job for an industrial construction company. When I dont have a bid to work on I dont do much at the office. Some days I get to leave work and still get paid eight hours. Its actually such a sweet deal that on some days me and the division manager have left work together to go fishing. The only thing he asks in return is that when you do have work to do you stay as late and busy as it requires you to finish. I love my job.

idrownworms

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll trade you my paralyzed foot and partially paralyzed leg ;)

If you like you can have my short circuited brain if you would prefer!!!!!
Loaded my boat on the trailer the other day and almost fell off of my boat onto the ramp:eek:
Water I don't mind so much its soft, but concrete is a different story

jamie

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I retired 5 1/2 years ago, so didn't respond to poll. Now doing volunteer work in addition to keeping up with our two golden retrievers and helping elderly mother.

Thing is, back when I was working as a mainframe computer consultant, it used to drive me crazy how many people goofed off in the office. I was an outside contractor paid by the hour, so no goofing off for me. The worst offenders were employees of the various client companies I worked at. No big deal... at least not until their failure to get their projects done on time affected my projects. Too often I had to step in and help get their work done for them. I earned my keep, by golly, and have absolutely no regrets.

Knowing I wouldn't be able to put up with that for too many years, I followed the sage advice to not spend everything they pay you. Being self-employed, I didn't qualify for unemployment, so built my own rainy day fund and contributed the max to my retirement account. Also saved up for kids' college educations. Put three kids through college, paid off mortgage and retired early at age 55. Took care of failing father for the first three years until he passed away. Still living off that rainy day fund.

Soon after retiring I went through a little of that there "work withdrawal," but I'm all better now!

a70eliminator

Captain

I'm a State worker and have a reputation to uphold, ZZZZZZZZZ.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

I had a snow day today, no work!!!:p

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I got the rest of this week and next week to screw off,,,,,,just can't lift anything. Docs orders

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Self employed here so there is no down time phone is always on if it is daylight we work

sebago_kid

Seaman

I work in a power plant, and work 12 hour shifts... being straight out is kinda spotty, 'cause we don't run all the time.
When the turbine is rolling, so are we. When we're down, we do have some maintenance and equipment checks, but also have plenty of quality time for small government projects, too!

jimr

I'm a State worker and have a reputation to uphold, ZZZZZZZZZ.

I'm a city worker but can't stand doing nothing. I will admit they would get more work out of me if we were allowed to smoke inside. That day is coming I am quiting (smoking) friday. Now to find something else not to do in that time frame.

Nova II 260

Once the "Honey Do" list is done I'm good to go...retired.
icon7.gif

a70eliminator

Captain

I'm a city worker but can't stand doing nothing. I will admit they would get more work out of me if we were allowed to smoke inside. That day is coming I am quiting (smoking) friday. Now to find something else not to do in that time frame.

Been there too, you know it takes on average 6 mins. to burn a smoke, multiply that by 20 = 2hrs of time you'll have to figure out what to do with.

rentalguy1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If you like you can have my short circuited brain if you would prefer!!!!!
Loaded my boat on the trailer the other day and almost fell off of my boat onto the ramp:eek:
Water I don't mind so much its soft, but concrete is a different story

jamie

I actually have that, too. It's called PTSD. I swear some days my 4 month old Boston Terrier puppy has more attention span that I do...lol.

Be careful on the ramp and always wear boat shoes when loading/unloading. Last summer I let a buddy of mine back the trailer in the water and he was fairly crooked, so I had a hard time lining up. I had to jump off and walk the trailer to keep from messing up the bottom of the boat. I was bare foot, and the trailer was slick...long story short, I slipped on the front of the trailer and yanked a toe nail off. Thank God it was on my "dead" foot, so I never even felt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.