how much discount on Bennington

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I am curious as to how much of a discount you got on your Bennington? I went to the Bennington forum and they claim around 22% as an average off of MSRP. Is that factual? I don't care what other mfg's are giving, just Bennington.

cwarends

Cadet
Re: how much discount on Bennington

Purchased a 2013 Benington 2550 RSR with Yamaha f250 last November. Listed for just over $75,000 with the options selected.
I got 27% off of list. If you follow the Bennington forum the response to discounts varies between 22% to 28%.
New Benningtons now have a 7 year warranty on all components, at the time I purchased Yamaha had an extended warranty for a total of 6 years at no extra charge.

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The motors, IMO, make the MSRP discussion "goofy". Motors are marked-up a lot and when you buy with a boat, they are largley discounted, so I think the "how much off the MSRP" gets muddied. I would also think that the bigger the motor, the larger the % you can take off too.

cwarends

Cadet

Also Bennington makes four different model levels. I assume there are higher margins on the more expensive boats and for all the options. The higher the model, bigger the boat, the bigger the motor and the more options will make the opportunity for a bigger discount.