How many hours can a shop charge for Carb rebuilt?

Knightgang

Lieutenant
Re: How many hours can a shop charge for Carb rebuilt?

I am pretty sure he is Wilmington based on conversations with him from several years ago...

Bifflefan

Commander

1 hour per carb, 2 carbs.
Then they did a link and sync, adjusted all linkages, replaced the choke sol. and then answered a bunch of questions, oh yea, also did a factory update that was 30 years old and never done.

Total 340.00.

didnt have the pig tails?
how many posts have I preached about finding a dealership with at least a master tech employed and at a minimum with fuel,electrical and 4 strokes certificates on the wall.
and all the pig tails and speacial tools yamaha deems nessasary for essential tooling are sent and billed whether the dealer requests them or not.
either they had the pigtails and no training or they are not an actual yamaha dealership.
its your money but just like auto and appliance repairs not all techs should be in the industry.
but there are no different voltages at different throttle settings, and you are chatting with one of about 60 yamaha master techs.

I guess they aren't a dealership then, just a shop displaying Yamaha decals and banners. No it's not my money anymore, I will be more carefull with it next time and drive 6 hours to San Diego to find a real mechanic.
The Seloc manual told me to measure the CDI reference voltage at 4.75-5.25 Volts, the sensor output voltage at Idle of 0.68-0.72 Volts and an increase in voltage when opening the throttle. Mine was set at 1.21 at idle.
That is what I referred to as different voltages.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

wanchese.
yep reference is posted,idle is posted nothing else is.
if you suspect a TPS failure its best to use an analog meter to find it as digital isnt quick enough.
I dont mind my name getting posted,just dont come gunning for me :).
my business and the place I work are both in the phone book.
good luck catching me at home but if you do Ill chat your ears off.
dunno about your dealership.
however today I took on a factory pre rigged boat with a Yamaha power matched decal on it sold from a dealership,and PDI'd, inland from here.
complaint was trim guage inop,and no visual tach indicates for oil or overheat.
problem was nobody ever installed the harness from the engine to the console for trim or alarm visual.
went through TWO places and no one caught it.
it also means the dealership tech that did the Predilivery Inspection gundecked it as there are boxs to check off that it actually works.
cant help them.
finding a good or bad tech is like finding a good or bad lawyer, ya dont know till ya leave.