How in the !@#$% am I supposed to put the rub rails back on???

Racingman24

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok, I'm loosing my mind. I spent the better part of the day attempting to put these stupid things back on and just cannot do it.

I have a 14' Alumacraft, and I'm not talking about the vinyl strips...no no. I'm talking the full aluminum boxed piece that goes on the top of the sides.

I took them off to clean them up and to make painting the boat easier. [It worked at least, the paint was simple and the rails look awesome :)]

I thought they would go back on somewhat easily, and I figured the hardest part would be the whole solid rivet thing. [which btw, I was soooooo wrong about, installing solid aluminum rivets is cake!]

The contour of the hull doesn't match up with the contour of the rail, and trying to force them together is just short of impossible.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has been foolish enough to pull them off, and if so, how did you get them back on???? I need all the help/advice I can get, my hands are killing me, and my paint is being severely damaged every time one of the rails slips back out of place.

I do apologize, I don't have any pics, but if you guys don't know what I'm talking about, I'll get some right away tomorrow morning when there is light out again....it's kinda dark right now.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: How in the !@#$% am I supposed to put the rub rails back on???

havent done that to a tinny

but i would use clamps