how hot is too hot to paint

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
108 here today and I will roll on second coat of primer tomorow. Will it be alright to spray the finale coats outside in this heat? Im using tractor paint.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Above 90 its a crap shoot if the paint will set too quickly with the solvent evaporating. Never do any painting in the direct sunlight. Start early and get done before the heat is on.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
If you get up at the crack of dawn You MIGHT be ok in the Shade so it can flash off by 8:00 am. It'll be mostly cured by 10:00 am That's what I did when temps were in the High 80's in the early morning's I'd HIGHLY recommend going to the Auto Paint store and getting some High Temp Reducer to thin the paint with. It really helped me a lot. Or use a 50/50 mix of Xylene and Mineral Spirits. It will slow down the Flash Point and help you keep a wet edge.

Axkiker

Petty Officer 1st Class
You could always go to the pain store and get some slow reducer. should help slow down the dry time.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Thanks guys. Wog, that's is exactly what I was thinking and your paint turned out great. Thanks again guys.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
If you don't, I'll never speak to you again!!!!!:bounce::bolt::laser::boom::whip:

Uhhhmmmm That would be a....YES!!!!

Last edited: