How easy or hard to open and check carb?

Daniel Beckman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I think i maybe have some trash in a high speed jet.<br />Is it real hard to open thoose carbs up and check it?<br /><br />The problem with my engine is that it works perfect up to 4500 rpm and can cruise on that without any prob, but as soon as i hit 4800 it start to "stutter" up and down in rpm and not much power.<br />Back to idle and i can put it up to 4500 without any prob.<br /><br />-Have checked the fuel filter<br /><br />-Change the plugs (three of six they only got <br /> three at home)<br /><br />-Disconnect the built in tank and tried with a portable connected direct to the fuel filter<br /><br />-Dont get the fuel restrict alarm<br /><br />So i think its maybe something with any carb.<br /><br />Anyone think of something else?<br /><br />Thanks

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: How easy or hard to open and check carb?

Dan...not a hard thing to do. Not sure of your engine year though. But if ya' don't have a service manual get on and use it. Also, if you think you got carb problems, get them resolved before running the rig again. Could be running lean on a cylinder. They don't like that and will end up wiping a wall. <br /><br />While your at it, get a good compression check for future reference and a spark test won't hurt either. Before and after reference material is good to have around.

Daniel Beckman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: How easy or hard to open and check carb?

Thank's OBJ<br /><br />The engine year is 92. 175 v6 faststrike.<br /><br />Think i will leave the engine to the marina pro.