How do you use TWITTER?

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Recently there was the scare over twitter that resulted from Associated Press' Twitter account getting hacked .....and information that our President had been injured.

That got me to thinking about Twitter and how people use it.

With the millions (??) of Twitter accounts....how does one go about selecting the ones to follow? Assuming that you want meaningful information and not just what somebody had for lunch.....

Obviously lots of people follow AP's tweets; I personally would never have thought to follow them.

How do you pick and choose?

Chuck

bassman284

Commander
Re: How do you use TWITTER?

I do it by not choosing any of them. I've checked out a few here and there on occasion and it seems an even bigger waste of time that Facebook. Unless you like that sort of thing, then enjoy.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Simple, I don't use Twitter, or Facebook.

korygrandy

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Selective Mass Communication. I hear Twitter can be useful during times of national emergency when cell towers are jammed.

Me personally, I don't use it. I've never tweeted. I use Facebook to stay connected with Airforce and College friends...and also to coordinate events with my family since we can't seem to communicate verbally very well.

If you ask me there are too many vehicles that deliver our information to us today. What happened to a good 'ole fashioned telegram? :joyous:

IraRat

Petty Officer 1st Class

I Twitter, because I'm cool and happening--unlike YOU old farts!

Seriously, I really enjoy it, and I follow an eclectic group of folks like Steve Martin, Sarah Silverstein, Don Rickles, Albert Brooks, Ai Wei Wei (Chinese dissident), Artie Lang, Jim Gaffigan & Lavell Crawford (comedians), and some others.

Basically, they Tweet funny and interesting things during the course of the day. Occasionally, you reply to one of their Tweets if you have something clever to say, and they Retweet it if they think worthy with a response to their millions of followers. It's a real kick that I've had Retweets from Martin, Rickles and Brooks. It's like star-expletive in many ways, but it's fun.

And some of their Tweets are hysterical.

As far as Facebook goes, the best thing on earth. I'm 56, and have reconnected with and have STAYED connected with friends going back to the 6th grade!!!