how do I get the people to sponcer me

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer
Re: how do I get the people to sponcer me

I have taken note of your tag line many times and have always agreed. After this 30 minute read, IMO, you need to rework it to take Gregg's thread into consideration.

You mean something like this? :D :D
Usually the only stupid question is the question that's not asked.

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer

Man, I can't believe I got sucked into yet another old post....one of these days I gotta remember to check the dates before I hit reply :D

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

We get requests for sponsorship weekly and it's always interesting to hear what the racer (I say "racer" because that's what we do but you can insert fisherman, bowler, poker player etc) is going to do for us. It basically comes down to them making us famous. That's a shame because we're not in business for more fame but rather more sales.

Then you have to realize what you're asking of these potiental sponsors. We already have the top names in NASCAR, NHRA, APBA and several other circuts using our products. And guess what? They pay for it! Why would we give away product to someone who competes against our paying customers?

Think carefully about what you're saying and how you say it. It has to be a win-win situation. Figure out how you can be an asset to the sponsor and explain it clearly. Being an asset to the sponsor means you have to provide something to them that they cannot get, or are not getting, from someone else. It can't be simply catching fish. Even I can do that.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Do you think that poor Gregg has gone to the great beyond by now?

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I wonder if he ever learned to spell? You only get one chance to make a first impression!

hubbard53

Petty Officer 1st Class

i like necro posts - just shows us new members that the older timers were always [Jerks] ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Lrider

Chief Petty Officer

i like necro posts - just shows us new members that the older timers were always [Jerks]....

Err, Ahh, Hmm - No Comment :D

Too Funny

Couldn't help myself :redface:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Hey guys . . . I see this bit of iboats history has been dug up again. I dug it up once long before I was a Mod. If you read the whole thing you'll see that many speculated as to it's (his) authenticity. Whether you believe it, or think it is a spoof, it doesn't really matter at this point.

I am not going to lock it although someone else might. When it was originally running it's course the Moderation was looser, today not-so-much, so I removed the semi-derogatory digs in the recent posts. Harmless? Probably, but keeping it more within our current philosophy.

hubbard53

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guys . . . I see this bit of iboats history has been dug up again. I dug it up once long before I was a Mod. If you read the whole thing you'll see that many speculated as to it's (his) authenticity. Whether you believe it, or think it is a spoof, it doesn't really matter at this point.

I am not going to lock it although someone else might. When it was originally running it's course the Moderation was looser, today not-so-much, so I removed the semi-derogatory digs in the recent posts. Harmless? Probably, but keeping it more within our current philosophy.

hehe, sorry QC - these [jerks] bring out the best in me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.