How do I check my vro fuel pump

Badfuzzy

Recruit
How can I check my pulse from the crank case on my Johnson 200 gt 1993 model? My fuel pump is not pumping properly when I pulled the hose off it was barely spitting gas. The filter won't stay full unless I pump the bubble again. And when I pump the bubble again It runs fine for a few minutes then bogs down again, then dies. I tried changing the bubble and putting a rebuilt kit on the vro pump but it still bogging down

Last edited:

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: How do I check my vro fuel pump

You can check the diaphragms by putting a vacuum and then pressure on the pulse fitting. Get a pump and attach it to the pule fitting on the VRO. Pump it to 15 psi, put a finger over the fuel outlet (yes you have to have it disconnected). When you have pumped it to 15 psi, put your finger over the outlet, pull off the pump hose from the pulse fitting. Then after a few seconds, remove your finger from the outlet. You should hear a "click". Do the same with a vacuum check (15 hg). You should hear a "click" after removing your finger from the outlet after a few seconds. If it does not "click" the pump diaphragm is bad. It is that simple.