How did you come up with your screen name?

Carphunter

Commander
Just curious, how everyone came up with their screen names. I know this has probably been asked in the past, but there are so many new members since I was here before, that I thought it was worth asking again.
Mine is pretty simple. Used to do a lot of bowfishing for carp, hence the name Carphunter.:p I thought having some sort of fish in my screen name would be more appropriate for a boating/fishing site anyway.:D

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: How did you come up with your screen name?

Hey! I remember you. How are ya doing?

as to your question, i got the idea from a feller that met another feller, looked into his eyes and saw his soul, he then went on to mispronounce the that feller's name, so i figured what the hell.;)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Mine took years and years of research...... used a study group....... one half was given Bob_VT and the other half were given a placebo....... did a few news polls........ then I had to decide to reveal the state I lived in.......

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

I thought I was creating a login. So I put my username that I have other places NelsonQ (firstname, last initial)

Would've like to change it to something different....

QC

Supreme Mariner

Hey NelsonQ . . . How'd you come up with your password? :p :p :D

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Hey NelsonQ . . . How'd you come up with your password? :p :p :D

Really simple. Use a combination of my daughter's initial, some significant dates, some special characters, and a whole bunch of goo. It's easier to write your full address on the side of a grain of rice than to remember my password.

It's a little longer than the bill of rights :eek:

Knot Waiting

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Mine was developed in a similar method as Bob_VT's. Involving hundreds of thousands in taxpayer dollars, an international research team working round the clock. The accidental eradiction of a small indigenous tribe. Then finally after we had cracked both the bilbel, and Da Vinci code our perspicacious team settled upon what I had already named my boat.

mthieme

Captain

I need a screen name?

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

my name Neil my wifes name Erica our anniversary july 8th 2000 ne7800 i know i'm a hoples romantic :D

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

look at my avatar, that's Tasha.

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

look at my avatar, that's Tasha.

ok i am so stupid i have been hanging around here for months and i thought your name was trashdaddy :eek: lmao never looked at it that close lmao :D

Hoss the Hermit

Chief Petty Officer

Did it the old fashioned way, worked for it,without any gubmint grants, study groups, marketing teams, polls, or market research

Hoss the Hermit

Chief Petty Officer

I thought I was creating a login. So I put my username that I have other places NelsonQ (firstname, last initial)

Would've like to change it to something different....

Go ahead, change it. Only cost ya 313 posts, but who's counting?

ziggy

Admiral

this is the real Ziggy...
ziggystardust.jpg

everyone gets one special pet in their life. i think ziggy will be mine. he got blind at 5 yrs and lived to 19. was a real killer. love squirls, rabbits, and rodents....... for a snack.... hung out with me like a dog would. was a real lovey dovey and really appricieated 'the treatment' (petting him). not to mention he had a sexy meow... some cats just meow, ziggy talked. he had many different meows he made.... ya can see why i pay reverance to, Ziggy. RIP

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Real simple. I've raced motocross for 20 years and my number is 642.

See:

yzf20004.jpg

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I used Bob_VT's method. :p;):D:D

I think we did a great job and I didn't even mention the electoral college being involved........ that would have smelled like a political post!! :eek: :D

cdnfthree2

Chief Petty Officer

I came up with cdnf3 years ago playing online chess. My initials are C.D.F. So in a mix of my initials and algebraic notation, Cpawn, Dpawn, and Knight F3, I came up with cdnf3. Somehow, it evolved to spelling out the three. I no longer have my original email acount so when I lost my I Original IBOATS acount I had to come back as cdnfthree2. Lost about 20 posts, but oh well. It's complicated, I know. I don't even play Cpawn openings. I'm an e4 player. Never play tournies any more or competitive chess for that matter other than Benko thematics, but the name has stuck with me. Nothing to do with a boat.

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

Use Beefer for almost everything. How the name came about goes back to the days of the Wendy's "Where's the Beef?" commercial, and a girl I was dating back then. She gave it to me as a pet-name, and it just stayed with me. What it means, I'll never tell... :D:p

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I think we did a great job and I didn't even mention the electoral college being involved........ that would have smelled like a political post!! :eek: :D

Great minds think alike. :D:D As for the cost it was funded by a government grant so it did'nt cost us a dime.............;):)