Hour Meter

Guido

Cadet
I searched the forum, and didn't really find the info I am looking for, so here goes..<br /><br />I have a 2000 Starcraft 1710 I/O, and I was wondering if anyone knew if this has a hour meter on it. I thought I read somewhere in here that sometimes the meter is on the engine itself. I looked last night and couldn't find one.<br /><br />Also, can anyone recommend a good hour meter to add on.<br /><br />Thanks.

DJP

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hour Meter

In one of my older sea ray's it was hidden from me for the longest, when I found it purely on accident. Open the engine compartment and look at the sideboards / plywood supports for the cowling. Might be close to the hull or even mid way up but somehow not easily read without an odd body position. Good luck

tf5598

Cadet
Re: Hour Meter

I thought the same thing about my 96 Sunesta. Mine didn't have one, so I'm fixin to put one in. I bought a Hobbs brand hourmeter and hooked it up to a 9 volt battery to bring it up to the hours currently on my boat. It went belly up after about 100 hours--never got it in the boat. I now have a teleflex brand, and am doing the same thing before I put it in the boat. Hopefully this one is better.