Hope everyone is well.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Again I express the thanks enough.

Agreed, I too have talked with a few others here that are having a struggle and it's no fun. This post has also made me stop and reflect just how many trips it's been over these past 18 years. These things not only cause Physical hardships but mental and financial as well. and also not just on us but our loved ones as well. Even with this infliction I am grateful of what I do have and appreciative of those who are with me.

On a positive note this has slowed me down, retired, and I am now spending more time with my family and the grandkids than I've done in many years. We have a new one the way any day now and I'm looking forward to being there for it. Also my cooking skills are improving greatly and I'm enjoying that as well.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Glad to see you back with us Bonz, you have an obligation to keep kicking buddy and keep us updated to what is going on, I was wondering what happened to ya!

This is an order, don't do that again!

:D

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Glad to see you back with us Bonz, you have an obligation to keep kicking buddy and keep us updated to what is going on, I was wondering what happened to ya!

This is an order, don't do that again!

:D

Yes Sir! Doin the best I can Chief! I'll try harder. :laugh:

Been pretty much housebound these past few months. Really hoping to see an improvement once they can go thru my legs again and hopefully relieve some of the pain.

2 years ago I'd planted some Concord grape vines in the back yard along the fence. This year was the 1st year we had grapes. One afternoon I made it out to look and they looked terrific. Ripe and ready to go. Then we had a huge storm and it knocked all the grapes off the vines. :eek: :mad-new:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Hope your feeling better.As I type this I'm moving the holter heart monitor out of the way.bp hit 228 one night last week and scared the beejesus out of me.Seems the older we get the more we need more attention.

CV16

Chief Petty Officer
Hey Bonz, I'm a little further south of you, Racine. If you need a hand winterizing the boats or with anything, just message me. And I really hope you would have cheered on the Crew not the Cubs!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
bonz_d, I don't know what type fishing you enjoy or even the types typically caught up your way. But while you are recouping, you could take up some lure manufacturing as a side issue. Some time that is really fun to do, Jigs, spinners, flies, even carving top water plugs. Just a thought. I actually have a lot of jig making molds myself to build jigs and lures. It is a lot of interesting fun. Or you could even take up rod building. I have done that as well and that really is fun as well. JMHO

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
82rude, that's an ouch. Don't know what's worse, very high or very low. Been to both. Scary is very low and still conscious but unable to respond.

CV16, THANKS for the gracious offer. Actually I'm south and west of you on Lake Elizabeth. Don't get me wrong I watch and follow both clubs. I was very excited when the Brew Crew came into the division.

gm280, have been looking for some good cast pots for melting lead and have slowly been collecting old wheel weights, battery terminals and whatnot for casting jigs and lead bullets. I have started reloading again and am enjoying it again. Have also been looking into casting jigs with zinc as it's a bit lighter than lead and I think I can cast larger jig heads for shallower fishing w/o having to increase lure speed or using larger jig spinner blades to stay shallow.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
82rude, that's an ouch. Don't know what's worse, very high or very low. Been to both. Scary is very low and still conscious but unable to respond.

CV16, THANKS for the gracious offer. Actually I'm south and west of you on Lake Elizabeth. Don't get me wrong I watch and follow both clubs. I was very excited when the Brew Crew came into the division.

gm280, have been looking for some good cast pots for melting lead and have slowly been collecting old wheel weights, battery terminals and whatnot for casting jigs and lead bullets. I have started reloading again and am enjoying it again. Have also been looking into casting jigs with zinc as it's a bit lighter than lead and I think I can cast larger jig heads for shallower fishing w/o having to increase lure speed or using larger jig spinner blades to stay shallow.

Have you looked at LEE Production Pots? They are pretty good for the money. I've used LEE and Lyman lead pots and while Lyman are better constructed, the LEE worked equally well. And for the money, I bought LEE. As for bullet molds, I bought most all my mold either RCBS or Lyman because they are machined steel. The always turn out a great bullet after they get hot. ANd I have bought molds from 22 cal to 45 cal and pistol and rifle styles.

I also bought a lot of jig molds of about every size I would even want to use. And hooks, and even powder coat paints as well. I can make jig heads and powder coat them and cook them in a toaster oven really quick and simple now. Let me know if you want to see my powder coating pots. I built one hopper for all the different colors I wanted so I can change colors almost instantly. Pretty cheap and easy to make.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Yes Sir! Doin the best I can Chief! I'll try harder. :laugh:

I hear ya every day seems to get a little bit harder, those wounds I got, 20 years ago, seem to be making there marks these days, but keep digging buddy.

82rude

Rear Admiral
GM280 could I do .50 cal for my hawken as you talked about in your post?Youve given me a good idea as this winter I think I will get back into reloading.Dust of the lee press and the dies and lose myself for hours at a time in that.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
82rude if you're thinking of casting and reloading there is a great site at Cast Boolets.com, I've learned a lot there this year. I have just started Handloading for 9mm as it's fun and I can do it sitting down.

82rude

Rear Admiral
WOW quite the site,thanks for the tip bonz ! p.s its cast boolits.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
WOW quite the site,thanks for the tip bonz ! p.s its cast boolits.

Yes it is. They cover it all. From alloys to casting to lubes and powder coating to equipment. Very informative site. Just don't ask about plated or jacketed Boolits as they will remind you it's a cast boolit site and those are bad words!

Stay healthy my friend and watch that BP!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Have you looked at LEE Production Pots? They are pretty good for the money. I've used LEE and Lyman lead pots and while Lyman are better constructed, the LEE worked equally well. And for the money, I bought LEE. As for bullet molds, I bought most all my mold either RCBS or Lyman because they are machined steel. The always turn out a great bullet after they get hot. ANd I have bought molds from 22 cal to 45 cal and pistol and rifle styles.

Yes I have and am not sure if I want to go that way or just a cast iron pot and a hand ladle. 10lbs. of lead will pour quite a few 125gr. bullets. 25 lbs. would be more than I would most likely shoot in a year.

Been looking at ideas for brass tumblers also. I do have a couple old electric motors out in the garage not doing anything.