honda question

westcoaster90

Seaman Apprentice
I am currently building a boat and am determined to have a Honda 4 stroke on it. it is just a little 12'6" hourston in damn near mint condition. I had this same boat before with a 50 Honda on it and loved it. I wish I would have never sold it. now i'm on the hunt for another 50 but it seems to be one of those things where when looking there's none around but when not looking they come to me. I have found a couple 25's one of which is owned by a buddy and I know all the internal cooling system zincs along with a full service was just done because I did it :) while I love the 50 because it isn't much heavier then the 25 but with twice the power I am almost ready to settle on a 25 (for now). i'm asking this question to the Honda guru's because that 25 I worked on last has since been put back into service so I have no way to compare. even though I almost know these Honda's like the back of my hand I never thought to check this out before. along with my determination for a Honda I also am determined to have power trim. now my question. can a 25 Honda be mounted to 5o Honda mounts. I have a set of mounts with power trim from a 50 chill'n in the parts heap and want power trim bad enough that I will mount the 25 to the 50 clamps but I don't wanna buy the 25 then find out it can't be done. sorry for the long post.