Honda BF 90 Rigging help

Bowe

Cadet
I'm currently in the process of rigging a 2012 Honda Bf90 DKO to my 1968 Starcraft Starchief as part of my restoration. I purchase Honda side mount controller, Honda gauges new control cables, wire harness, etc. So far everything has been strait forward.

However I am having a problem identifying some parts I still need.

1. The new Honda side mount controller came with connection ends (metal screw on eye terminal connectors) for one end of the throttle and shift cable. I have looked everywhere and I can not find a part number for these this style of control cable end connectors for the motor side. The closest thing I can find by looking at pictures is a Yamaha version of these ends. Does anyone know where I need to look to find these? I have called a number of parts places off the net and in town and so far I have not been given any answers.

2. I'm also trying to hook the speedo tubing to the motor per the gauge instructions. I have already removed the old speedo pitot pickup from the boat that was used with old guages. I found the water speedo port on the motor and removed a screw on cap. The only advise I got so far from Honda Marine dealer was that the fitting was plastic and that I could get one from HomeDepot as he didn't carry them. I THINK what I need is fine threaded 1/8 -27 NPT to 1/8 hose barb fitting. Does anyone know if this is correct, or again where I can find this part from a Marine parts place?

I'm getting down to the small stuff which is is good thing at this point, but the small stuff is really holding up the project:joyous:

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

hondam

Petty Officer 1st Class
The control cable ends for that motor are unique and have the retainers built into them. I think the part number is 24618-ZY3-000

IT is the 1/8 NPT It is the same nipple the merc and yamahas use, surprised the place you called didnt have any.

Bowe

Cadet
Hondam. Thank you! It certainly does appear that the part number you provided for the control cable ends is the one I need. Holy Cow. I spent about 2 hours last Thursday calling and emailing Marine parts suppliers and Honda Dealers and none could provide this part number or have called me back with the information.
Again... Thank you!