Honda 2003 225 HP 4 Stroke Stalling Out

BamaTex

Recruit
I have a 27 Foot Pontoon Boat with a 225 Honda 4 Stroke, (2003) that keeps stalling out after a period of operation. There is a loud beep and then the motor stalls. The oil indicator, heat indicator and battery indicator show no signs of trouble. I am not terribly mechanically inclinded and would like to know if anyone else may have experienced this and what the problem might be... The motor always starts right up and seem to run fine, no smoke or oil seems to be leaking.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

gss036

Commander
Re: Honda 2003 225 HP 4 Stroke Stalling Out

Check all the fuel/water filters/VST and drain it. Does the primer bulb go flat?

BamaTex

Recruit

gss036,

Thanks for your response... I will check the fuel/ water filters, but I have to admit, I do not know what the VST is... I will also ck the primer bulb.

Should I be seeing water coming out of the engine... If so where???

Thanks so much.

v70cat

Cadet

Might also be the O2 sensor. Honda has extended the coverage on this item and should be able to get it done for FREE;).

That said if it is a 2003, when was the last time you change the high pressure filter? Look at the manual and it will list maintenance items. Might be time for some dealer service since you have limited skills.