homemade rollers

NYBo

Admiral
Re: homemade rollers

PVC is too hard and will wear out quickly, I think. I'm not sure your hull will like it either.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

You will get more/better responses if you post this in the trailer section.

Having said that I am not a fan of rollers as they creat pressure points on the hull no matter what they are made of. This can result in a hook in the hull.

reelfishin

Captain

What it amounts to is that you need a set up that has a very low pressure per square inch factor. Enough rollers and its fine.
I'm not 100% sure I grasp your concept though? How wide will each roller be?
If you looking to make your own roller bunks, the cheapest method I can think of would be to use guide rollers and cut them down either in two or three sections each to make your individual rollers. Then either split a section of square tubing to make your frame or use two pieces of angle iron. 'C' channel that isn't taper wall can be hard to find.

Attachments

• Bunk Rollers.JPG
    Bunk Rollers.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 0

boatlemmy

Cadet

I dont think this will help you but im throwing this out there. the front roller on my trailer must have rotted away so the previous owner drilled out to baseballs and put a bolt through them in its place. my boat is not heavy but they actually work. the nice thing is the v on the boat slips right in between the two baseballs and guides it up centered. not sure how long there gonna last though.

ED-LINDA

Cadet

If you have a good bunk trailer redo the bunks with new wood and carpet...they support the boat alot better..they also dont allow boat to move forward or back...unless you are unloading it off trailer alot leave it alone....i would not convert it ....leave it alone and be happy....ed