Home Loans for Illegal Immigrants...

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
With the recent illegal immigrant threads we've had here.. <br /><br />------------------------------------------ <br />http://www.wkowtv.com -story link- <br /><br />Channel 27 WKOW News Headlines <br />Madison, WI<br /><br /> Home Loans for Illegal Immigrants<br />Fri 04-22-2005 , 10:21 pm<br /><br />Proposal Protects Non-Citizens From Loan Sharks<br /><br />There is a movement in Madison to protect illegal immigrants from loan sharks. <br />The Community Development Block Grant Commission is proposing to open up their home loans to non-citizens. CDGB allocates state and federal money to a variety of non-profits. <br /><br />The proposal will allow CDBG to consider all applicants, regardless of citizenship. <br /><br />Undocumented immigrants can already take out mortgage loans. The problem is many lenders take advantage of them. <br /><br />If this plan passes, illegal immigrants can turn to CDBG for legitimate home loans. <br /><br />The proposal is stirring a debate over whether the city should help non-citizens. <br /><br />Madison Council President Paul Van Rooy says, 'It's kind of a mixed bag for me. I know that a lot of the illegal aliens are here filling jobs that businesses otherwise can't fill, performing a valuable function in our society.' <br /><br />Several city leaders like Van Rooy sympathize with undocumented immigrants who fall victim to loan sharks who charge higher interest rates, but say they do have concerns about the proposal. <br /><br />'We have a lot of folks who are citizens and are needy also and i know we're not meeting the needs of our citizens for loans,' says Van Rooy. <br /><br />'There is no foundation for that kind of thinking because these folks are here contributing tremendously, very constructively and positively to our economy,' says Peter Munoz, the Executive Director of Centro Hispano, a Social Services Center for Latinos and others of color. <br /><br />'They are serving us and helping this economy so they should have a right to the benefits,' Munoz says. <br /><br />Members of the Commission are drafting the proposal. The plan is expected to go before Madison's City Council sometime in May. The proposed CDBG resolution would change its framework for giving out home loans into a two-tiered system Citizens qualify for 100% financing. Illegal immigrants, on the other hand, would qualify for 95% financing and would have to pay the remaining 5%. <br /> <br />------------------------------------<br /><br />WTF!!!!! :mad: <br /><br />All Hail the Democratic party and their 'WET DREAM'.. <br /><br /><br />PLUS- I just heard last night that we're expecting 3,200 Hmong immagrants "refugees" from NOW (late April) 'till the end of the year.. up from @ 2000 last year..<br /> <br /><br />** FOR SALE: 2yr old 2800sqft home in "Taxation Hell"! :mad: :rolleyes:

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Home Loans for Illegal Immigrants...

"State and Federal money" Nonsense, this is money gotten through taxation. Governments purpose is to provide services to citizens. If someone wants to have the advantages of citizenship, then apply for citizenship.

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

I really don't understand what part of "illegal" immigrant these people don't understand.

NYMINUTE

Captain

No loans greater than bus fare back to their home. Food is on the immigrant.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

If we would just protect our border properly and have a "guest worker" program in place, most of these problems would go away.<br /><br />Lets make this cheap labor legal, and protect or borders from terrorists.<br /><br />But lets face it, the term "illegal" is in name only. Once they are here, they face very little chance of ever being deported. They can freely and openly apply for all kinds of government sponsored stuff.<br /><br />Lets start sending them home, and maybe they will stop coming.<br /><br />Ken

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> No loans greater than bus fare back to their home. Food is on the immigrant.
Not even a complimentary bag of peanut NYM? :p

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I should clarify that the 3200 Hmong immigrants I mentioned are due here just in Wisconsin..<br /><br />You know guys.. I'm at a total loss here.. I really don't understand this at all.<br /><br />I really don't! :( <br /><br />a dictionary definition of Illegal , against the law: forbidden by law<br /><br />an encyclopedic definition of Illegal Immigration , staying in a new country without permission.<br /><br />where is this going to end?<br />what are these legislatures thinking.. I mean, honestly?<br />Is there something I'm missing to this?<br /><br />Ok, we've got people applying for loans for housing on american soil that don't even belong here.. someone slap me, please.<br /><br /><br />- Their employers are harboring criminals (refer to the definitions of Illegal and Illegal Immigration ) thus traceable in this example through financial statements.<br />-Any income that they recieve is fraudulant.. point blank.<br />-Any social welfare they recieve at any government level is criminal.<br />-Any time spent by a publicly funded school teacher ( education ) with an 'illegal student' is raping our own children of precious time and attention.<br />-Any 'social' Health Care recieved is indirectly funded by you and me the LEGAL citizen.<br /><br />where does it end ?? <br /><br />Here in the out-skirts of Marshall, WI theres a house being rented that apparently has 20+ illegals living in it according to a man that I know who is an outside salesman for a local landscape/nursery company.. they're still there poppin' kids out like rabbits and no one seems to give a rats behind enough to do anything pro-active.<br /><br />I think I'm going to be sick!

D

DJ

All,<br /><br />Who did you vote for?<br /><br />Don't know? <br /><br />Didn't?<br /><br />Stay awake and pay attention.<br /><br />This stuff is going to kill us.

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

What does it matter who you vote for? None of the current politicians have the guts to take a stance on this issue. Afterall these politicians do not want to commit political suicide by alienating (no pun) the future majority voting bloc. What will it take for them to start taking this issue seriously from the perspective of the current majority?

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Seems to me that the USA's government needs a good dose of uncommon sense-I'd call it common but it aint no more.<br /><br />DJ's right. I didn't vote in the last UK elections. I'm sure as hell going to now-and most of the reason runs parallel to what's been said above. We have the same problem-but here the illegal immigrants turn to crime.

D

DJ

It makes a BIG difference.<br /><br />At least with Republicans, my voice is heard.<br /><br />Late, yes, but heard.<br /><br />With Dem's, I'd have a snowballs chance in *&*^.<br />They are the ones driving the illegal rights issue.

McGR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I generally vote GOP. In fact voted for GWB. What are they doing about the situation? I blame both parties for having no b&**s regarding this issue.

D

DJ

McGR,<br /><br />I agrree with your frustration. This issue is about the only thing I disagree with the president on. He's dead wrong on this one.<br /><br />However, I take solice in knowing that the Republican party is listening.<br /><br />If I were a Dem. they would pat me on the head and go find three illegals to replace my vote. And, get away with it.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

This measure (topic of original post) is no more nor less than a tactic that Democrats use to buy voting loyalty through legislation and/or program implementation. <br /><br />Cali had DLs for illegals, WI Gov Doyle gives "loan" money to illegals.<br /><br />BTW, the lending institutions who are on board with this have no $$$$$ risk. These loans are insured by state and could be fed funding in case of default.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> This measure (topic of original post) is no more nor less than a tactic that Democrats use to buy voting loyalty through legislation and/or program implementation. <br /><br />Cali had DLs for illegals, WI Gov Doyle gives "loan" money to illegals.<br /><br />BTW, the lending institutions who are on board with this have no $$$$$ risk. These loans are insured by state and could be fed funding in case of default.
yea - you know pjc .. this is how screwed up this area is on a historical basis.. <br /><br />- summed up in one example -<br /><br /> Old Mayor Paul Soglin - the guy tries blowing up a University of Wisconsin, Madison building in the sixties which he got caught for.. then 20yrs later the Democratic idiots around here vote him into the Mayors' office IN MADISON!?!? .... <br /><br />WTF??!! .. that tells ya something!!<br /><br />
Originally posted by Nos4r2:<br /> Seems to me that the USA's government needs a good dose of uncommon sense-I'd call it common but it aint no more.<br /><br />
yea - When golden monkeys fly outta my ears.. thats asking too much for any government offical!<br /><br />
Originally posted by DJ:<br /> It makes a BIG difference.<br /><br />At least with Republicans, my voice is heard.<br /><br />Late, yes, but heard.<br /><br />With Dem's, I'd have a snowballs chance in *&*^.<br />They are the ones driving the illegal rights issue.
I agree DJ .. at least someone will "chew" on it a little while.

eeboater

Commander

Barlow -- I figured out what your problem is!!! You live in Madison. The only city further left in the USA is San Francisco!<br /><br />Sean

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> Barlow -- I figured out what your problem is!!! You live in Madison. The only city further left in the USA is San Francisco!<br /><br />Sean
Yea I hear ya Sean and folks think the Dem's out west and east are bad ( :rolleyes: )<br /><br /> I'm actually right outside of Madison in Marshall.<br /><br />
4r407p
<br /><br />Once I get the house ready to sell ... I'm outa here! <br />I'm done putting up with it.. looking for land as we speak :)

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have been GOP all the way until now. The way I figure it, we voted our guys into the senate and the house and the presidency, yet what are they doing ? Our boarders are still wide open, our deficit is larger than ever, our own boy's, our military is being second guessed in courts here at home, we have not gotten one judge confirmed, our states are going bankrupt from all of the wellfare to Illegals. Yet somehow, Nancy Pulocy is running things?? These guys are worthless and have no balls, I urge you to write your congressman, as I did, and tell them to get on what we elected them to do ( there is no excuse) or I will, for the first time vote for whatever 3rd party candidate is running. I don't care anymore, unless something happens, real soon, Ralph Nader or Perot, or whoever will get my vote...this crap has to end.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I reckon there's a competition going on between a lot of the worlds politicians - who can be the most outrageously, mind-numbingly P.C.?? (BTW, P.C. and "stupid" mean much the same thing to me) Maybe it makes them feel good :confused: or they get some sort of recognition of "P.C.ness" ?