hole in exhaust gimble housing

Frankiea87

Petty Officer 3rd Class
hey guys i was going to replace my exhaust bellows and noticed i have a hole on the underside of where the bellows would connect to .. im not sure maybe the new bellows would cover it? or should i leave it alone? or JBweld something in place? im iffy with jbweld bc if it falls off then it might go into the outdrive and mess up things? attached are pics of the hole... any advice?

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 0
  • exhaust 2.jpg
    exhaust 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member
Re: hole in exhaust gimble housing

Ayuh,... She's pretty Rough alright,....

Epoxy might work,... If it falls out, it'll probably just pass thru from there...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It shouldn't hurt anything about how the drive works or operates, and it will not leak inside the boat. I would question if corrosion caused the problem, what else is wrong with the bellhousing, gimbal housing, drive etc.

Frankiea87

Petty Officer 3rd Class

nothing else wrong.. just that hole haha

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

that part is JUNK.... run it if ya want but that is BAD corrosion and it is not long for this world..... as for the hole well that hole won't hurt a thing except make a little noise but THE NEXT hole may sink your boat depending on where it shows up....... um ha ha........... and stuff:eek:

robjen1019

Petty Officer 1st Class

as long as you have it off, I would jump over to ebay to see how much a replacement would be. Better now that in the middle of the lake.

Frankiea87

Petty Officer 3rd Class

do u think building it up with jbweld will hold up? how much pressure is comming out that exhaust spot? ... reason im asking is because when boats in water its very loud like an old washer machine but then when u get a few guys to stand on the swim platform to make boat sit lower in the water.. the boat is quiet as any other boat.. so im assuming this hole could be my problem? or bc i had the style exhaust where it only connects on one end..

JustJason

Vice Admiral

Don S said:
haha ????????? What, this is a joke?

Well the joke's not on you when he finds out the hard way that the collector is in the same shape :)

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I agree...pretty much junk there.serious corrosion going on!

Ebay is your friend...