hit object, not sure what is wrong

txdude

Recruit
hit sandbar, hard loud pop, water stopped coming out of pee hole, prop turns when in gear, but makes a clicking noise. drive shaft & water pump appear to be fine. motor is a 08 suzuki 25.

david_r

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: hit object, not sure what is wrong

im not sure about the clicking noise...... ive read other people having clicking noises but i didnt follow the threads to see the end result.. sorry.

the water ways are probably stopped up is why its not peeing.

did you try flushing the system while you had the lower unit off?........ if you still have it off you can just pop out the thermostat and give her a good flush to make sure all the sand is out.. the pee hole is probably stopped up as well as the thermostat.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: hit object, not sure what is wrong

The loud pop was probably the motor coming out of the motor lock down. I usually run my smaller motors with it unlatched except when running in reverse.
I do not understand what you mean by prop turns in gear, do you mean with or without the motor running? If you mean without then check your linkage to make sure it is going all the way into gear.
The indicator gets plugged easily with just 1 large grain of sand, try disconnecting the hose to it and then blow out the plastic fitting with compressed air.