Hesitant only at throttle up and throttle down 115 98 Mariner

bfan781

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Hesitant only at throttle up and throttle down 115 98 Mariner

Alright few questions for you. Hopefully you can answer some of these for me. I cleaned the injectors today. They didn't really seems gunked up or stuck but gave them a good cleaning and went for a run.

The idle. In neutral the boat idles at about 1700-1800 rpms. Seems really high. This is on muffs muffs in the driveway and also in the water. When you drop it gear (forward, it drops to about 1000 rpms) What if anything does that tell you? Is there something that needs to be further adjusted?

While in the water, in forward gear, (1000 rpms) if I press the plunger down, I do consistantly hear 3+4 light up (rev).

As far as the hesitation, it does seems better. There doesnt appear to be a bogging with the hesitation anymore, just a delay before increasing the speed. Starting to think I have it where it should be and that just maybe the engine.

For everyone that has one of these 2+2 mariners, do you notice a small hesitation at that throttling period that is just part of the engine?

Lastly, sometimes, when in gear at a low speed if you go to throttle up the rpms rev high but the boat doesn't spped up. Almost like you were revving in neutral. What does the mean? Is that a spun hub?

Anymore info would be great. Seem to be getting there. just have to figure that revving thing and the high idle now.
Special thanks to Hawster you have helped me out a really lot.