Here I go, feet first {w/pictures}

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Here I go, feet first {w/pictures}

Thanks Rick, I'll definitely check Lennox out. I can't seem to get to the link, probably my ISP or sad old puter...if I ever go missing for a week or so, know that I'm shopping for a replacement when this pukes.

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL theres 7 puters in this house needless to say one pukes every other week around here . I am usually on my oooooold Dell lptop out in the shop when I am online although I have a nice dual core sitting on my desk in the house with a 20" LCD . I have 4 teenagers and my :eek: motherinlaw in the house so I have this laptop and a 32" LCD tv with DVR in the garage LOL I only go in the house to sleep which I'm fixin to do :D.

Rick

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

LOL, I hear ya bud, I've got a fridge and a/c in my 'dog house' as well....wife says at times she forgets what I look like...;) now go to bed!!!

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Nope Rick, I keep getting the IE{I know I know :(} cannot show this page. but like I said ...could be my ISP, been havin probs on and off all day, I'll check again in the morning an see what flys.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

@ EZ - lol what a guy, to place your job/position in jeopardy just to help a fellow boater{and a glass guy at that ;)} sez to me your OK :cool: In hindsight I hope you now realize that if by chance, things went different at work and you were let go, inturn causing a need to sell your boat for financial reasons, you would now not have the opportunity {while fishing with me in my tub} to hear that other tune from 'billy'...you know the one..."Don't worry, be happy" :p:D

Thanks so much EZ for the honesty...sometimes that's what it takes and more folks should be more appreciative about that kind of help. You may have saved me some real embarassment...although at my age and background, I've grown accustomed to it LOL

@ Rick - my ISP was the culprit, seen both links this am...Thanks, I have a similar gizmo for cutting wood, only it has only one arm instead of two...your right..very easy when you find center. Thanks again for helping.

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class

she looking sweeeet.

im so glad your dash idea worked out. i originally done something similar. i purchased some 18ga polished treadplate to do the gauge panel and radio panel with. i was also gonna make some nifty little step plates for the bow. plan went south...WAY south!

i measured everything out over and over and over. i cutout my panels with a torch...i know...crazy idea...but it worked. once i got the rectangles cut out i grinded, sanded and polished the edges. all was going so well. then cae time to cut out the holes for the gauges.

explitive! explitive! explitive!

my neighbor told me that he would get me these cool hole saws that were adjustable and would cut through the treadplate without hesitation. that week he wasnt getting home till like 10 and 11 at night. i got impatient and tried cutting them out with the torches..DUMB @$$!

that treadplate warped and changed colors and then i warped and changed colors...lol.

i ended up just buffin and buffing the originals and kept it mostly stock.

78ImperialT

Petty Officer 1st Class

heres a pic of it now...if i kept it i was gonna put in a temp gauge and depth finder...probably wont do it now though.

070409124601.jpg

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

..that treadplate warped and changed colors and then i warped and changed colors...lol.....

Too fn funny :D
I've had moments like that, more times than I care to admit. :(
I was looking at depth gages myself today, managed to pull away for now...on that anyways...lol see next post.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

I made a major mistake today :(...yep...found myself in a local marine parts store and well...enough said

found some replacement cup holders...
before
p1083494.jpg

after
p1083495.jpg

and an antenna...had to bend it back for that go fast look lol
p1083501.jpg

and the only thing I went in for, the radio splash guard
p1083509.jpg

p1083508.jpg

and of couse I found screws, nuts and bolts, the dual 12volt receptacle, new registration numbers for the hull, couple of dock lines{rushing it a bit lol}, a fold out drink holder for the passenger panel, but the dash leans so much will have to use it somewhere else. Then on my way home in a daze, I stopped off and bought some window tint{tomorrows fun since they're calling for rain again}. Only good thing about it all was the radio antenna, real easy to mount when the cap is still off....guess I'll need a 12 step program myself sooner than later......cheers everyone , have a great weekend!

*edit - Hey Rick, I bought a single metal drilling bit{1&1/8 inch} for the 12v receptacle, $11.59 + tax for two stinkin holes{lol}

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL HSF makes that $50.00 multi size hole cutter seem cheap huh :D. I have had days like yours today . I have to be very carefull walking into some stores ( the only one I am semi safe in now is Harbor freight ) I already own at lest 2 of everything they sell ( worth buying ) and one of most of the crap they sell to :D.

Rick

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Now that radio mount is sharp!

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

LOL Rick don't know if there's a harbor freight around here, and the mrs sez she's trashing the catalogs as they roll in... the pains of a luv relationship...notice I didn't say marriage nor boating :D

Yeah EZ, for $24.?? and a couple of hours playtime, sure makes me smile...can't thank you enough sir!

another edit...also forgot...added a new winch strap to the bill as well

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Ahhhhhhhh..You do need at LEAST a CD of Take me to the river..Drop me in the wateeeer.....

Looks only about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better:D

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

LOL CBK, thanks and could you spell that figure for me ;)

Rickairmedic

Commander

I'll help Kev out thats one kazillion :D.

HSF if you dont have a Harbor Freight thts probably a good thing :D it is the Chinese tool store from hell :eek:. Some of the stuff is garbage but its all so cheap its just hard to not get it and the nextthing you know theres $100.00 worth of junk in your buggy and your going in for round 2 LOL.

Rick

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

LOL Rick, been there done that with HF, but online only...good thing I drool so much when looking, the pictures/screen get all fuzzy and I hold off a bit...a bit...yeah I said a bit..a wee bit anyways ;)