Help!!

BEKO1212

Petty Officer 2nd Class
ok so i took the carbs apart,cleaned them with carb cleaner and i still cant figure why i cannot get this thing started.its a 1984 johnson 155.i have spark,compression is good.i just dont know what else to do.please if anyone has any idea please let me know.if i cant get this thing running im taking out the sledgehammer!!:mad:

geoffwga1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Help!!

OK .Don't panic.First of all what is it? Johnson or Evinrude ? Model # and HP.Model # will be found somewhere on the clamp bracket.
When you say you have spark what does that mean? does the spark jump 7/16 of an inch in clear air? If it won't you don't have much of a spark.
You say you have compression.It is more important that the compression be near the same on all cylinders rather than simply being high.
You say you cleaned the carbs.How well did you clean the carbs.did you strip them and blow out all the passages,check the float needle and seat and make sure the fuel pump was delivering fuel.
If all these things are OK and it still won't play ball there may be other issues that I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will be able to put a finger on.In the meantime best of luck.Make sure everything I listed is taken care of and hopefully it will cur eyour problem.
Geoffwga1.

PS When did it last run?

BEKO1212

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1984johnson 155yes spark is good, compression checked out good.checked float needle and seat ,adjusted floats. thoroughly cleaned carbs and passageways sticking wire through them. carbs seemed pretty clean.it will start for a few seconds when primed but stalls right out.as soon as it starts move the throttle just a little put it stalls right out.spark plugs get wet .dried them up but didnt make a difference.

BEKO1212

Petty Officer 2nd Class

still cant figure this out.anyone have any ideas?