HELP with finding the correct manual for mercruiser

Bass2mouth

Seaman Apprentice
can any one post a manual that i can view for my engine? the tag states.

serial number
L033402
mercury marine
div of brunswick corp
fond du lac, wis

thank you in advance. i cannot find the correct view-able manual.

Bass2mouth

Seaman Apprentice
Re: HELP with finding the correct manual for mercruiser

thank you mark. ill take a look.

LtJoker66

Cadet

My HIN is USP876MKF989 Could I get some help on mine too please?? Thanks you!

dubs283

Vice Admiral

My HIN is USP876MKF989 Could I get some help on mine too please?? Thanks you!

you need to start your own thread asking questions pertaining your engine/drive issues

the hull id number does us no good here, this is an engine and drive forum - start a new thread with your mercruiser engine/drive serial number

see here: http://forums.iboats.com/mercruiser-i-o-inboard-engines-outdrives/how-ask-question-220416.html

Bass2mouth

Seaman Apprentice

looked through the entire manual....... does not appear to be my engine..... just way to many differences.... im starting to think the only similarities are the actual engine tag...... not a good thing..

dubs283

Vice Admiral

looking at the pictures you posted someone cobbled together your engine with parts and pieces throughout mercruisers history

log style manifolds havent been used scince the mid-80's, and an engine with log style manifolds NEVER used an electric fuel pump, see where this is going?

where is the engine tag you are getting the s/n from??

Bass2mouth

Seaman Apprentice

looking at the pictures you posted someone cobbled together your engine with parts and pieces throughout mercruisers history

log style manifolds havent been used scince the mid-80's, and an engine with log style manifolds NEVER used an electric fuel pump, see where this is going?

the tag was on the starboard side of the engine on the block by the starter/bellhousing

Bondo

Staff member

Originally Posted by dubs283

the tag was on the starboard side of the engine on the block by the starter/bellhousing

Ayuh,.... Like Dubs says, it's quite apparent that nothin' 'bout yer motor is original, as much of it just ain't right....

I'm guessin' yer dealin' with Merc SBC parts from whatever the year of the hull, to '98, 'n pretty much Anything in-between....

If ya did up the manual for the earlier vintage of yer motor, 'tween the 2, ya oughta be able to get a handle on what you've got....