Help to identify old Starcraft.

larryhood

Cadet
Re: Help to identify old Starcraft.

Follow up...
The boat is indeed a 1958? Larson Playboy. The original seating had molded fiberglass front seats (that have been removed). I am trying to get the name of the previous owner to find out as much of the history as I can. Also, as noted in the first pictures, the boat did have "Starcraft" emblems on each side of the stern. I wonder why?
I removed a plywood flooring that was added in later years to expose the thin fiberglass sub floor. The sub floor was so thin and brittle that it peeled up in most areas to expose 52 year old plywood that looked like top soil. It was totally saturated and decomposed. In fact, the stringers that run from bow to stern, are also very deteriorated. They were wood encapsulated in fiberglass but did not stand the test of time.
This is a great boat with a lot of history I'm sure but I will not attempt to partially restore this boat. Too much for me.
I'm sure that some forum members have seen and/or attempted to work on a boat in this condition. It has to be a labor of love and a money pit.
Good luck to all and have a great summer on the water!

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Well mystery solved ,at least partially. Best of luck to you.

starcrafter65

Chief Petty Officer

I love the old boats of the 50's. Larson is one of my favorites too. I thought that boat looked familiar.

I'm very interested in the full story behind this one. We'll probably never get it, but I'd love to know. Someone re badged this Larson as a Starcraft? Very interesting.

!

That is how bad some people want a SC!

tpls63

Cadet

Can you tell me where the rest of this brochure can be found?
I just purchased a Larson Pla-Boy and I'm trying to identify the year.

Attachments

• 0723101638a.jpg
    0723101638a.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 0723101639a.jpg
    0723101639a.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 4

jimmy spy.

Cadet

try classic larson.com. they have alot of old brochures

tht boat looks alot lik my '63 larson playmate. ( same as the playboy but w/o the molded seats)