Help please...Want to sell my boat but have no clue what to ask...

gamecock99

Recruit
I have a 1999 19' Legacy Sea Era with a 115 Johnson. I have had it for 2 years. The motor was rebuilt shortly before I bought it. The foot was rebuilt a year and half ago and the fuel pump and starter were rebuilt about a year ago. It runs fine. It isn't on the original trailer. The trailer it's on now is a single axle and looks to be made for a 23' -25' boat. The trailer is in decent shape. It has some rust from previous exposure to salt water. I replaced the axle, hubs, and bearings about a year ago. The interior is in pretty good shape. The seat cushions have some fading due to age. The speedometer and fuel gauge do not work. Has a cd player, tilt/trim, navigation lights, fish finder, bimini top, and marine radio. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

sparky461

Cadet
Re: Help please...Want to sell my boat but have no clue what to ask...

NADA guide will give you an idea with everything you have on the boat. Need to do the boat, motor and trailer. Then figure in the area you live in, ie lots of lakes and boater would get you alittle more.

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

$5000, more if you live in CA.....pics would help though to make a better guess.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

A hundred replies will list a hundred different numbers. The bottom line is: What's it worth to keep it?

There will be a breaking point if a person comes up with a handful of Benjamins. Where is the line that says "time to trade"?

Would you take a hundred dollars? A thousand? Five thousand? Figure out what you have to get out of it and ask a little more, leaving room for bargaining. Just because a book, a friend, or a bunch of bloggers say it's worth "X" amount means nothing. It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it and what you're willing to take for it.

My question is...unless buying another one, why would anyone ever sell a boat? :confused:

mjgates

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I would think you could get $5000, maybe more depending on your market. It sounds like its in better condition than mine. I have some floor rot issues. I'm fixing the deck as far as I felt comforatable doing it, but still a soft spot on the rear passenger side. Several of the seats have split seams. It also has some mildew on the vinyl in areas. Most of this was pre-existing, except the floor rot, but I got it dirt cheap as a repo. I have had a couple people tell me they are interested at $3000. It does run great, has always been prof. maintaned. It's a 98' Monterey 180 MBR.