Help Identify Model And Year

Dmact

Recruit
I need some help identifying the model and year of a Mckee Craft Boat that I looked at over the weekend. From pictures online I would guess its arounf a 1983 and I estimate it to be between 18-20 long. My concerns are that it has not been stored properly recently so water has settled inisde the boat. The other thing is there is an inspection hatch forward of the anchor locker that gave access to the foam, once I pressed down on the foam I quickly realized it appered to be waterlogged.

20130210_155056.jpg

20130210_155017.jpg

20130210_155008.jpg

So my questions are:

1)Would this block foam be connected to the rest of the foam in the boat?
2) As stated in McKee Crafts most recent literture, would a boat of this age be constructed without any structual wood?
3) Can the foam be replaced on a hull like this?
4) Should I just walk away?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help Identify Model And Year

Best way to figure it out would be to ascertain the dry weight of it, then take it to a scale and see if it's heavy. It likely could be refoamed but I think getting the hull and cap separated on these type of boats can be a real nightmare. Might be worth looking into if you could get it for next to nothing but I don't think I'd pay much for it.

foodfisher

Captain
Re: Help Identify Model And Year

Wet foam coupled with the stains under the transom through holes look like a project.