Help Evinrude 35Hp Still one cylinder

bassroamer

Recruit
Re: Help Evinrude 35Hp Still one cylinder

it could be either a reed value down or a score piston and back feeding the comp.from the other cyclinders.

G DANE

Commander

Now where can the broken leaf be ?<br /><br />Will it be enough to disasemble intake side, and pull cylinderhead, or can the leaf be stuck between piston skirt and cylinderwall ?<br /><br />It would be easyer not to take everything apart. Can a leaf pass through conbustion chamber when running ?<br /><br />Thanks a lot for help to now.

G DANE

Commander

At last i got the time to disassemble.<br /><br />I did not find the reedleaf, nor fragments, it must have passed. But my < 50Hrs new powerhead got some small scores. There are two just above one intakeport, the cyl that lost the leaf. They are visible 1/2" beyond porthole, and feelable with fingertip 1/3" - 1/6" from hole. Compression was not affected. The other cylinder has one, at a ringend, but it is only visible, not feelable. Should I leave them alone, or try to borrow a honetool ? When assemblying, it will use the original cylinderhead with 15% less volume than the one i got with powerhead - hope i am looking foreward to more power ?