Hello all

bbgun24

Seaman
Hello all Newbie here,
I just acquired my first boat. Its an 1990 Euroline 205 OMC 4.3 spitfire HO. Runs very well, it had not been out this year, we hooked up the battery and the thing fired right up. I drove it yesterday and it seemed to be a bit boggy until it leveled out. Almost seemed like the prop was to high pitch (23degree). Once it planed out it ran like a champ. Just curious if anyone has had any expeirence with Euroline boats?? I do a search on here and I find nothing, I do a search on google and I really dont find anything there either. Also, 23 degree prop seems kinda steep to me from what I have read on here so far. I would think that a 4.3 V6 motor should get right up out of the water with no problem. Any input anyone has for a newber would be great. Thanks everyone.

Rscardina

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Hello all

what do you mean by boggy?.. did you have clean fuel? new water seperator and filter for the fuel?

I'm asking becasue water in the fuel could give you that feeling...not saying its the casue but when your trying to get on plane and the stern drops down the tilt can casue any water that is in the tank to head toward the pick up tube..

I assume you started the boat a few times while on the water and leveled out?. did it start ok ?

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

23" pitch sounds a little steep to me, I'd be thinking more along the lines of 19-21, maybe even a 17. What's your prop dia and what kind of RPMs was she turning?

bbgun24

Seaman

Yes, stopped and started it a few times and started up great everytime. It seemed like it just didnt have enough power to get up and go real quick. I guess "boggy" is a bad word to describe it becuase it wasnt really bogging down just really slow to level out.

bbgun24

Seaman

Your asking RPM's at WOT. Correct?? Im not exactly sure but I was told that a HO engine would be a little higher then normal. Also not sure on diameter either, I will check tonight. I really didnt understand that all that mattered when dealing with the prop until I started reading stuff on this sight today. Great info on here!!