Hello all- been awhile since I posted last.

D.spencer

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all, been awhile since I have been on here. I see I missed many messages and I want to apologize for not responding in a more timely manner. I have had many computer failures and lost everything several times, so I just try not to keep anything on it anymore. :rolleyes: anyhoo, I just returned from going to branson MO to tablerock lake where I dragged my boat some 216 miles there and back on winding, hilly roads, sucking gas like there was no tomorrow, (around 9 mpg -ack!!:facepalm:) drug it there only to find it would not start.:facepalm::facepalm: . just had it out about 3 weeks prior- ran fine,now -no sparks :confused:. I still had a great time with the family doing other things and I did try to get it running but to no avail, as my resources were limited. Back home now, I will try to get to the bottom ( maybee a whiskey bottle-if I don't figure it out) of what happened. I am still working on several things to finish my boat and will try to post some pics of what is next. If this needs to be moved, go ahead.

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Hello all- been awhile since I posted last.

Howdy,

Mostly I'm replying because I hate it when I see a post and nobody takes the time to acknowledge. I'm fairly new here, so I don't know a lot of folks, but I do like meeting new people.

Sorry to hear about your misadventures. What a drag to spend all that gas money and get nothing from it. My boat kills my fuel mileage too, I don't quite understand that because the boat doesn't weigh that much. I blame mine on the "T" top acting like a big parachute, but my Son has a Four Wins bow rider and it kills his mileage too. You would think something with a pointed nose wouldn't catch much wind. Maybe it is catching the inside of the boat and pushing it down towards the pavement. I see guys with boats running down the Hwy with covers on, I thought it was just for protection, but maybe it's for less drag?

Anyway, welcome back.

D.spencer

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks kindly, The strange thing is my boat does not weigh that much either. I do think that having it covered makes a difference. It seems somewhere I saw a article or thread about this :confused:. Maybee I just thought I did. Of course, having 360 cubes and 3:55 gears doesn't help with economy :rolleyes:. My cover is one of the next things to get made. I am working on fabricating a new aluminum fuel tank. I allready have the halves made just got to weld them up and fab the rest of it. Next will be a small windshield then the cover. I will have it made- I am not that good at sewing, etc.

D.spencer

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am off to a local boat shop. I checked the p/n of the power pack the boat dealer in branson sold me to teleflex/sierra and the dealer up there sold me the wrong one! the shop in branson agreed to refund my money and I found one local, so I am going to try it out.

m casey stock

Chief Petty Officer

Hope that works out and gets yo up and going!