Heavyweights need not apply!

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm looking for a light weight 25-30 hp outboard for an inflatable boat. It should have a spline drive prop shaft ( for wider prop selection).<br /><br /> I beleive 1978-83 OMC engines fit the bill?<br />Can anyone confirm the weight of these engines, or offer any suggestions of alternate brands or years? I would like to stay under 100 lbs.<br /><br />Thank you in advance.<br /><br /> Cheers,<br /> Snow.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Heavyweights need not apply!

1980 25hp Jonny weighs 104#

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Roscoe,<br /> I forgot to mention that I am inquiring about short shaft, manual start engines. <br /><br /> Cheers,<br /> Snow

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

The current Tohatsu/Nissan 25 hp is 101 lbs and you have two months left to buy one before they stop bringing them in.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Unfortunately Tohatsu/Nissan has decided not to bring them in for Canada alone. Everyone's loss.

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The sad part of Nissan/Tohatsu is that there is no dealer with in 500 miles of me, so it makes service and parts a bit of an issue......<br /><br />Cheers, <br /> Snow.

CATransplant

Admiral

Internetoutboards,<br /><br />Bummer for those folks in Canada, for sure.

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm 500 miles north of the B.C./Washington border, none around here that I know of.<br /><br />We had a Nissan dealer briefly about 5 years ago, but he is no longer in business.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /> Snow.