Health Warning

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class
If you have not heard of the Bacon Explosion, it is one of the greatest meat recipes ever. Be warned that viewing the following link could raise your cholesterol to an unsafe level! I have made this once and my body is still in recovery mode but my taste buds are still in heaven............

Link

Bacon makes everything better and with 2lbs of bacon this is the best recipe.....................

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: Health Warning

As appetizing as the served morsels may appear to be, i would not succumb to such culinary temptations.
A healthy lifestyle has become a major priority in my life.;)

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

But this is a Bacon Explosion.....................

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

if you served 8 people it would not be that bad. but i would probably over indulge.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

If one eats it and sits around and does nothing, yes it is going to stick with you. I look at it as a fuel to gets lots of physical work done.

I like having bacon sliced to 1/2" slices and drop them into a deep fryer. This is like the idea of eating catfish out of the Ohio river,,,,,,,,,,you only want to do it once or twice a year :D One may make you glow and the other will make you grow in ways you don't want to.

aspeck

Staff member

I just gained 2 pounds reading that! Gotta try it some day!

mthieme

Captain

I didn't see a fire extinguisher. That concoction looks to guarantee some uncontrollable flames!

mphy98

Lieutenant

As appetizing as the served morsels may appear to be, i would not succumb to such culinary temptations.
A healthy lifestyle has become a major priority in my life.;)

And may you live a long and happy although possibly boring life. :D

Sorry just couldn't resist that one.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I'm making that this weekend..but.....

I think I will use boneless chicken breasts pounded really thin in place of the pork...

SuperNova

Lieutenant

A guy at work brought a cake of that Bacon Explosion in last week. IT WAS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!! It's not as greasy as you'd think, but you definitely have to use moderation. I had a slice about 3/4" thick and that was all. I was fine, but it could be addictive. I remember when I was younger I'd buy a big pack of bacon ends and cook the whole thing up and snack on it. Talk about salty and greasy! Just another thing in a long list of stuff I'm amazed I survived. lol

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Oh heck make it with turkey sausage and turkey bacon if you want to feel like it is healthy ;)

NEVER EVER USE RABBIT!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

No one needs to find hare in their Bacon Explosion! :D

mhg

Petty Officer 3rd Class

too late for me to start one this weekend, but next weekend
I'm gonna blow up some bacon

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

And may you live a long and happy although possibly boring life. :D

Sorry just couldn't resist that one.

Your point is well taken. i do hope that what remains of my life is a long and happy one. However, i shall be thinking of living a less boring one whilst on the flats in Anegada later this week. ;)