hard to find parts for tecumseh powerheads

narwhals

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i found this website www.superxpower.com and they have a lot of hard to find parts for tecumseh powerheads in stock. the website sometimes doesn't work but i did have a lot of luck finding parts that many websites come back as no longer available.

M

mrcrabs

Re: hard to find parts for tecumseh powerheads

I don't want to bust your bubble narwhals but no doubt, if you place a order with out calling to verifiey you will just tie up your money for a week or two with a no show on the NLA parts, this is just a stock parts catalog like Pats small engines and parts tree ect, ect, ect, Tecumseh has not made them in years, now I'm not saying parts can't be had but these guys just have a stock catalog thats never been updated to reflect NLA's...ask me how I know

example = part # 530145 Bearing Set, Needle (66 needles) $19.88, and 310238C Piston & Pin Assy. $39.91, 530137 Bearing, Needle $15.00 ect, ect, ect,
it just an't going to happen friend and the only chance you have is to research a part that might....I say son might cross over like a NLA torrington y148 bearing will cross to a koyo y148 or even a INA 148 caged will work and ask yourself this just how many machines used a AV817 or a AV 750 with how many engine model numbers and variations of them? ect, ect,ect. these guys are just buying a parts catalog and everybody orders from the same warehouse as eveyone else in the business. :) try laying your hands an a AV817 non offset piston or a 640-04a set of rod bolts :facepalm:

if you search this site you will find post where people have thought they hit the jack pot and listed every part number in the book for a AV engine....many a newb has been broken hearted when reality sets in....

losnbama

Petty Officer 2nd Class

exactly mrcrabs... its nice to have orig parts but even the pros are havein a harder time gettin parts...found 3 sites called them all about a complete carb kit and i couldnt make a complete kit with all the ppl i called..but i think as long AS the power head doesnt blow up,there will be some tinkerer in the garage one nite thinkin how can i put a series IV carb on that ole girl lol

losnbama

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i found this website www.superxpower.com and they have a lot of hard to find parts for tecumseh powerheads in stock. the website sometimes doesn't work but i did have a lot of luck finding parts that many websites come back as no longer available.
i checked it out narwhals. looks like the needle labeled 93 is the rubber-tipped needle and comp spring i have.with an alt needle 93A with spring retainer and seat http://partstream.arinet.com/Image?...MmXKs8KQ2&aria=jnx0QNLcBCH_u0_3bzwLIw2&ariz=4 ...im guessing that part 93A is the upgrade to the latter??? if so that means all the parts are orininal(ex.gaskets) which makes the first day on the river that much sweeter mrcrabs

Last edited:
M

mrcrabs

how can i put a series IV carb on that ole girl

its possable the throttle butterfly shaft will interchange from the old style to a newer carb although you may have to use gravity flow for fuel or convert to a briggs type pulse pump,
I did have a source for the viton tipped needles springs and seats for the older style carb, I located them thru amazon.com of all places for a local friend of mine, however in the past we have had members use viton tips from other applications and just glue the new viton on the old needle. I think my johnson 70 needle tips will work.
Edit:
good thing I keep everything....some would call me a rag picker.... lol
http://www.thefind.com/garden/info-tecumseh-needle#page=1 there should be three pages of needles and seats, these links below are the viton tipped kits

http://tewarehouse.com/7-02301 the cheap ones, edit: damn there all gone

http://www.milacalawn.com/parts-detail.asp?VehicleID=10548 the brass kit