Happy story

Smuggler's Blues

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all,

As some of you know I am involved in law enforcement as well as Human Law Enforcement. I just thought I would share this story with you.

Yesterday a friend of mine had posted a picture of two beagles that were found by animal control in Belchertown, a town three towns over from me. I contacted this ACO because I have picked up a similar pair of beagles several times that belonged to a guy that lives about an hour away. While I was checking the website I discovered a Brittney Spaniel that has been missing from Chicopee Ma, which is about an hour away from where I am located, since November 26 of last year. I looked at the pictures and thought it looked a lot like a dog that was up for adoption at the shelter I volunteer at. I then had the ACO get in touch with the people that were missing the dog and they in turn got in touch with the shelter.

Today they drove the hour to the shelter to see if this was indeed their missing dog. According to the shelter worker, when they arrived at the shelter the dog, that had been lazily laying in his crate and appeared very depressed, suddenly jumped up and spun around with more energy than they had seen him exhibit.

She told me it was a tearful reunion, teard of joy, as they thought the dog had been gone and they thought there was no hope of ever seeing him again.

All of this because a friend of mine decided to post the beagles on facebook. The dog was an hour away from his original home. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Happy story

That is great news, SB. You get an attaboy. :)

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Glad to hear these folks got their dog back. Good job.

Woodnaut

Chief Petty Officer

A good story indeed, and with the best of endings. Thanks for posting.

rivermouse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The public is lucky to have some one like you. You have my greatest respect for what you did. Thanks from another pet owner.

chriscraft254

Commander

Being I like animals more than most people, "except for my friends at iboats of coarse" That story just put a tear in my eye. If I had enough property and money, I would have hundreds of animals. Congrats on a great job restoring a family.

Smuggler's Blues

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Unfortunately these stories are few and far between. It helps off set some of the other things I have seen. The paper may be doing a story on this and how social media may be helping to reunite lost pets with their owners. If so I will post the link.