Green alarm module wire go's to which terminal on the switchbox on 1988 Merc V6 150?

ricardo100

Cadet
Hi, I have been told (and seen on a 135 of the same vintage) that the green wire from the alarm module should go to the number 4 cylinder terninal on the switchbox of my 2L, V6, 1988, 150 merc . Mine is connected to number 6 cylinder!?
Can anyone confirm which is the correct terminal? Also, what does this wire actually do in the module? Many thanks. Rich

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: Green alarm module wire go's to which terminal on the switchbox on 1988 Merc V6 1

It originally went to #5 cylinder and dont think it really matters as its for the oil module to reference the engine rpm to oil pump speed....

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Green alarm module wire go's to which terminal on the switchbox on 1988 Merc V6 1

Im pretty sure it doesnt really matter.The green wire provides voltage to sensor via coil connection on switch box.Pretty sure mine is on #2 coil.
I think it keeps rythm with motion sensor and if one where to stop, alarm would activate......I think.
My alarm was sounding due to only 3 cylinders running and #2 with green wire was one of the dead cyl...sounding alarm.

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It normally goes to #1 but doesn't really matter it's just a reference signal so that the module knows when the engine is running.