Grease/Oil Dripping Down on Engine

CJ River Rider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Anybody have any idea what this is? 70HP Force, 1995 +/-, engine is running fine without any problems.

Attachments

• photo251779.jpg
    photo251779.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 0
  • photo251780.jpg
    photo251780.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 0
  • photo251781.jpg
    photo251781.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 0

Tnstratofam

Commander
Looks like either you have a carb leaking fuel or possibly a fuel line conection leaking. Can you see any places under the cowl where the stain leads to that side of the engine?

CJ River Rider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Looks like either you have a carb leaking fuel or possibly a fuel line conection leaking. Can you see any places under the cowl where the stain leads to that side of the engine?

Thanks for your help, it appears to be the gasket at the bottom of the fuel bowl. As my serial number bar-code is unreadable and I'm guessing the year of the engine, do you think the motor would all have the same carburetor across several model years span and multiple engine models according to Crowley marine parts diagrams?

Tnstratofam

Commander
I'm not sure about which carbs were used on which years and or models. You might try checking the carbs for a model number or at least type. Also if you have a local marina or shop that you trust you could run the boat by to them and have their mechanic try to identify which carbs you have.

You could post pics of the carbs here too. Someone else may look at them and be able to point you to the bowl gasket you need.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
The 70 Force was only made from 91-95
​The carb and parts was about the same on all of them.

The gasket ?? you sure it's bad?
​Maybe try tightening the screw on the bottom.

​That "screw" is also the inlet for the choke/primer.
Be careful with it.
​The hoses can also suffer from Ethanol and leak at the fitting.
​Might be a good idea to change them??

FO15623 is your part#