gps pedestal mount

turfguy1969

Cadet
I am getting ready to install my new Garmin gpsmap430 with a pedestal mount. I have no room for a flush mount but I looked at the dash while sitting at the cockpit and the pedestal mount may take up a little visibility in the front right next to the compass. I have a 2000 Rinker Fiesta vee 242. Anyone see where i could put the Garmin? Maybe someone has a photo or input of their pedestal installation. thanks
Can't wait till that lake melts!

Attachments

• helm edit 2.jpg
    helm edit 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 0

TBarCYa

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: gps pedestal mount

I can't tell from the picture but if you have a windshield support, you could mount it to the support. Mine involved machining an adapter between the tube clamp and the Garmin mount base. I'm going to be changing mine so that the Garmin base is down because the way it is I can't tilt the unit up.

Check out http://www.tombarcia.net/lottie-da/GPSMAP440s.htm for some pics.

turfguy1969

Cadet

that's a great idea! i don't have that post to use in the cockpit though. You should sell that idea!

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

My helm was also presenting a problem with adding a depth/fish finder.

Lack of room...and i wasn't anxious to drill any holes.

I have a cup holder (removeable) in the same location as yours, and I had a wood shop turn me a snug fitting wood base that fits into the holder. It works great...and can simply be lifted out, and replaced with my favorite adult beverage can!

350jy3a.jpg

esjigh.jpg

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

My helm was also presenting a problem with adding a depth/fish finder.

Lack of room...and i wasn't anxious to drill any holes.

I have a cup holder (removeable) in the same location as yours, and I had a wood shop turn me a snug fitting wood base that fits into the holder. It works great...and can simply be lifted out, and replaced with my favorite adult beverage can!

350jy3a.jpg

esjigh.jpg

That's sweeeeet!! Great Job! Southern ingenuity!!;)