Got Wood?

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I DO!

Went and picked up the lumber I need for my project today. After almost 2 months of -40c weather here it has warmed up to a balmy 0c (32F) and is supposed to stay this way for the week. Missed out on one day yesterday because of 2 commitments I made to 2 people, got stood up on BOTH! Tomorrow I hope to get as much done as I can muster and thanks to forced unemployment for the time being can take full advantage of the lovely weather for the week. Hope to get everything built and in place for glassing. Small things I may even move inside to glass, but showing a house with poly curing in the basement may not be the best way to sell it :eek:

Going to try and remember to take lots of pictures or at least get the GF and her new camera to do that work for me. I'll be updating my other thread as I go.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Got Wood?

stay warm and keep the dust outta your house and hair.

cheers
oops

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

FYI -40 C = -40 F :D check it out ;)

You will never get rid of the poly resin smell...... unless you spend more money and go to west system epoxy.

mthieme

Captain

That is funny.
I need to install an IAC valve on my P/U. Temps are above freezing today so it's looking like a possibility.
Is it that we get acclimated to the weather quickly or what?
I would never contemplate this if temps were reversed (say 50's then dipping down close to freezing).

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Getting acclimated to the weather quickly for most of us here is a built in skill. Was -47c (-53f) on Thursday... Friday it was 0c (32f). 47 degrees in one day which oddly enough isn't too out of the norm for us.

And oops!, it's a good thing I have no hair other then on my chin :p