Good price for used Lund?

skategoat

Seaman
I wonder if I could get opinions on a fair price for a 2002 Lund 1800 Fisherman with Yamaha 115 4-stroke and galvanized trailer. Pretty much mint shape. Seller is older gentleman with no idea what price to ask. He says he paid in the low $30s for it when new.<br /><br />Are the warranties transferable on the Lund and Yammie?<br /><br />Thanks.

skategoat

Seaman
Re: Good price for used Lund?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The (possible) seller has no price in mind. He doesn't use the boat at all and will sell it for a "fair" price. That's what I'm trying to establish. The $30k I mentioned is what he paid new in 2002.<br /><br />I find the Nada guides are not real world.

Tufan

Petty Officer 1st Class

Skategoat:<br /><br />In my opinion, if boat was well maintained and over all in good / excellent condition, you should consider 22% depreciation value (pretty standart) per year, so being 2 years old it should have approximately $ 18 K book value today, which is a start point to negotiate.<br /><br />Generally hull warranties are transferable (I'd still check with manufacturer), I am not sure about the engine.<br /><br />Good Luck

Rideout

Cadet

Just curious GhostRider, where did that 22% per annum figure come from

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Me too, wait 5 years and the guy will be paying you to take it???

Tufan

Petty Officer 1st Class

I learned that from the Local Bank here in Puerto Rico, thats how they value their loans.

lund17

Petty Officer 1st Class

Skategoat,<br /><br />I checked the site of the dealer where I got my boat and they are selling 03's, galvanized trailer and 115 merc 2stroke for 12-14k US. Hope it offers some starting point. I do love my Lund. ;)