Golden Triangle Mfg Corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently working on a restoration of a 1968 20ft deck boat manufactured by Golden Triangle Manufacturing Corp in Euless, TX ? SR# 20D8007. Powered by a 120 Mercruiser. An internet search has not provided any information. I would appreciate any information anyone might have concerning the Golden Triangle Manufacturing Corp and/or the boats they manufactured. Many thanks.

Attachments

• DCFC0004.jpg
    DCFC0004.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 7
  • DCFC0011_a.jpg
    DCFC0011_a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6

repogod_mw

Recruit
Re: Golden Triangle Mfg Corp.

I too have a Golden Triangle and have never found anything on these. If you have found anything let me know. Although my is set up a little different than yours it still has been a great boat. I have mine set up as a fishing rig. With a 150 Evenrude and a trolling motor on a kicker. Good to see another out there.

tashasdaddy - We would be interested to know any info you might have on the Golden Triangle boats. As you must know, it was apparently a small company that was not around long; however, from what we have experienced, they made one hell of a boat. Our '68 is just as solid today as it was years ago.

Thanks for anything you can offer.

repogod ? We have run across one other fellow here in Texas who had an OB version of the 20 footer similar to our IO version back in the early 80s. He sold it before moving in ?84, but has looked for some time lately trying to find another one. The only one he has come across was in rough shape and at 84, he is not into starting a restoration, nor is he in a position to pay someone to do a retro for him. We tried to help him out finding something, but never made a connection. Lost track of him and never pushed the issue further.

As for additional info on Golden Triangle, what you see here is honestly all we have ever found. We even made a trip to the Euless, Texas area to see what we could find, but other than a couple of people that remembered the company existing, nobody had any real info. Our search continues and we will make sure we pass on anything to you.

repogod_mw

Recruit

I would have to go get the ser. number off the boat where I have it stored, but I think the year on it is 1968 and it sits on a trailer from New Mexico. I have had it for a couple years now and got it from a friend of mine. i know he bought it from a guy in Santa Cruz CA. I to am in Ca. I have recently bought a larger boat and will have this one for sale. For the year it is in good condition. I had it out last summer a couple of times but it is starting to grind going into reverse. And of corse some of the wood has seen better days. I will send you a picture of it when I get a chance. The trailer is a dual axle galvinized. If you know anyone that would be interested let me know. Besides the reverse issue it can taken out and I have never had any other problems. I also have records for I think the last 20 years and only about 275 hrs on this motor.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Chances are a 1968 does NOT have a Hull Identification Number since it was not required back then.

MANY many (thousands) of smaller boat companies have come and gone....... many have left no records.

m d potter

Recruit
a guy i work with has one of these. he has been looking for years trying to find an i.d. tag. he just did a little bit ago. its a golden triangle deck boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.