GM Omc stalls in reverse

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: GM Omc stalls in reverse

Could be as simple as, pull a cotter pin spin the barrel adjuster 1 turn put cotter key back.

good to go

Cadet

I to have the interupter problem....I have checked all distances, force to the cable and have found that the interupter works fine shifting yet there is a distance in between shift and acceleration that the upper shift cable can travel affecting the lower cable and in turn binding the trunnion and activating the v block to the interupter. I think that the upper cable may be stretched a bit causing the distance settings to be slightly out. My guess is that there is a fine line between adjustments of top to lower cables hooked to the bellcrank. For those who say kills the engine are incorrect it does just slow the engine down for the gears to shift. I have been playing with this now for over a year....Funny thing last year though while I was working on it. I got sick of pulling and putting cotter pins so I used bend finishing nails while I was doing the work....I got it to work perfectly....put the cotter pins back in and it went back to the same ole interupt on acceleration.........Just my thoughts

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

good to go
please post a NEW thread.

this one is dirt old and no one ever correctly identified the drive.
NO cobras were ever built that had the shift cables INSIDE the hull and not the drive.
it kinda turned into a flaming match that while funny to read its sad that so many folks simply got it wrong.

b0mbtrack

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ok, turned out to be the lower shift cable so suck it King P.V.